Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok i just got a 8100 off ebay, didnt come with any software, i have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gopeder99 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just got a 8100 need a little help..

Advertisement

Ok i just got a 8100 off ebay, didnt come with any software, i have tmobile, i downloaded the desktop manager off the tmobile site i downloaded the 4.2.1 software too, i have everything installed,

the phone also didnt come with a manual

Can someone give me the basics on how to install different programs, and music and stuff and like themes and stuff?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Here's a few links to get you started: (Any questions and we will be happy to answer.) Welcome to the Stacks!

Theme install:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lling+programs

Must Have software:

.jad/jar Install:

DTM dwnld & usage:

Software/Themes:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=8&linkid=546
    Last edited by Jbee; 05-23-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Ok i actually have to pretty easy questions, on the desktop manager when i try to add music it says use a media card to transfer larger files, i have a 2gb card in the phone, how can i set the desktop manager to put the songson the card?

and also the phones volume sounds really low, like i have the loud profile on and the buttons on the site are all the way up..

if i take the back cover off its alot louder because the cover is covering the speaker, i was thinking of drilling a few small holes in the cover where the speaker is

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Did your copy of DTM come w/Roxio Media? If so, you can convert files to best work on your device. If you files are mp3, there is no conversion needed. Set your device for mass storage mode and transfer to your music folder. Seidio offers some OEM batt. covers that have larger speaker openings. www.seidio.com

i dont really understand the instructions on how to install themes and applications?

Anyone help me? i just dont understand the links that you posted

the only things i wanna know how to do is load stuff like the color track ball. different themes and some new programs

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gopeder99 View Post
    Anyone help me? i just dont understand the links that you posted

the only things i wanna know how to do is load stuff like the color track ball. different themes and some new programs
    ohkay you know your Desktop Manger thingy right?

well u probably do then download the color pearl file and when u get it, it will be a .zip file so u have to extract them

after you extract the files, select all the files inside the folder and right clik on them/send to-/ my documents ( to make it easier to find the application to put on your phone)

then after thats done hook up your phone to your computer

open up DM (Desktop Manager) and enter the password (if you put one on your pearl)

then their is this thing called app loader or application loader "click that"

keep clicking next ( if you have a password you might have to put it in again) ther will be a screen that you have to find your device ( you computer probably already found it so no worries)
    keep clicking next till you reach a screen like this-

then click add on top

and find the file in your documents

click next again and it will upload the color pearl or any other app like themes, etc.
    (take a while)

then your phone will restart and this might take to 3 min

then your phone turns on

so go to your options/and find colorpearl. click on it and there you go well u will have to enable the colorpearl on your device it says it there it should be easy

and enjoy... hope this solves your problem

ok so far i figured it out.. download the file, extract the files to a folder.. application manager, add the alx file. bla bla

i figured out how to do the track ball color thing and add the iphone theme.

i installed the amAze gps thing but it gets to a screen that says v4.1.00 on top and like a loading bar that keeps loading, and its been loading for like 5 minutes?

how do i install jad files?

Smile

ok so far i figured it out.. download the file, extract the files to a folder.. application manager, add the alx file. bla bla

i figured out how to do the track ball color thing and add the iphone theme.

i installed the amAze gps thing but it gets to a screen that says v4.1.00 on top and like a loading bar that keeps loading, and its been loading for like 5 minutes?

how do i install jad files?
    alright .JAD files are put onto your phone using medai manager if u have the new DM and u use ROXIO then hell with that its too confusing

just go on your phones- optoins/advanced options/media card/turn on medai sotrage support mode, adn when this shows "Auto enable mass storage mode support" put in yes

k and now put your USB to your phone to comp etc.

and then a screen will come up on your blackberry if you want to allow mass storage mode ( if you have a password on ur device then it will ask you to enter it)

once that is over go to my computer/ and scroll for removable disk:/ click on that and it should say Blackberry in it/ double-click on "BlackBerry" file

right click and add new folder/ name it as Apps or Applications

then get your .JAD file and move it to this folder

once it says it is in ther you can unplug your phone from the USB

Go to Media/MENU KEY/explore/media card/blackberry/Apps or whatever you named the file that the .JAD file is in/ and when you find the .JAD file click on it and scroll down to click download

a screen probably will, show up saying unkown maker blah balh balh just click allow or continue and wait till it loads

(note* downloading a .JAR or .JAD file to your phone using the steps above not all the time the download will work)

hope i solved your problems!

i would appreciate it if you would add a trust level to me its on the top right of each stacker's post

and welcome to Pinstack the best Blackberry forum you will find

i still cant put music onto the phone, i went to advanced settings then media card and it says mass storage is enabled.. but when i try to drag the music from the top box to the phone a box pops up and asks if u wanna transfer bla bla, but then it says
    the size limit for transfering files to devicememory is 2.83 mb please use a media card to transfer larger files

Smile

i still cant put music onto the phone, i went to advanced settings then media card and it says mass storage is enabled.. but when i try to drag the music from the top box to the phone a box pops up and asks if u wanna transfer bla bla, but then it says
    the size limit for transfering files to devicememory is 2.83 mb please use a media card to transfer larger files
    ohkay do you have a medai card for your phone?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Your not transferring to your media card. You are putting it to the device memory. You need to put it in your media card memory.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    On Roxi you need to have your phone hooked up, on the lower box you need to click on the media card for the phone. It will bring up BlackBerry folder and you click that and it will bring up the folders inside it. Now drag into the corect folder.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

where does it say media card? i dont see it on there, i have the phone hooked up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast