Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

lol..same things happening here..i just switched my phone yesterday from sidekick 2, to a Pearl, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

786x no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3020lj12

Re: Just changed from a sidekick!

Advertisement

lol..same things happening here..i just switched my phone yesterday from sidekick 2, to a Pearl, and i love it , what im wondering is, how do i get/install more apps to it?

Dieselburns no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EOA448

The only big concern about the pearl is that the aim is horrible! Reason why I got a pda phone in the first place is because of aim and the sidekicks have better aim than on the pearl! Though sidekicks where made for teens who use aim a lot! So the pearl has its purpose to go beyond that and work as a laptop almost! ALMOST! Where getting there dont worry!

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

If you want a device that can serve as a somewhat decent "laptop replacement" for work on the go, you're looking in the wrong place. As great as Blackberries are, a used NEC Mobilepro 900 would have been better.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Woo hoo, ex Sidekick users unite! *raises hand*
    As a previous SK owner, I say forget IM+, Yak-On, Ramble, Verichat, etc. do the Google Talk tutorial on how to set up transports to chat with AIM, MSN, YAhoo etc. through Google Talk itself (using PSI or Miranda) and you will LOVE IT.

I have officially made my Pearl rival the SK as far as chat programs. Setting up AIM/MSN on GoogleTalk = pwn. I'm happy!

tmag2005 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    250d3c8f

Blimey - the world is like a forest...

you are all coming out of the woodwork now...

Welcome All

phungy no está en línea Stack level 2

My sister wants a sidekick...I told her its not worth it and to get a BB :-P
    BB 8100 v.4.2.0.42 Unlocked
    Accs: 1GB MicroSD, BSE Total Body Skin, Seidio Rubberized Case, BT H500

PM me for NEW OEM BB Pearl battery doors!

PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Quote Originally Posted by phungy
    My sister wants a sidekick...I told her its not worth it and to get a BB :-P
    Why would a Sidekick not be worth it? They're great lifestyle devices for people who want something fun with which to tart around on the internet. Does your sister need push email or anything else that the Blackberry offers which the Sidekick does not? I really fail to grasp the point behind the senseless bashing of other devices and products.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by docholliday
    Why would a Sidekick not be worth it? They're great lifestyle devices for people who want something fun with which to tart around on the internet. Does your sister need push email or anything else that the Blackberry offers which the Sidekick does not? I really fail to grasp the point behind the senseless bashing of other devices and products.
    True dat, Doc but I don't think Phungy was bashing it in any way. I wouldn't say the Sidekick is a "bad" device, but I would say "don't bother" as well simply because the SK3 is still more expensive than the BB. I'd get the BB because it offers more and is cheaper.

phungy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well I like the SideKick 3, its just more bulky than the Pearl. Also I heard battery life is meh. Apps are meh. Something about the OS and its more expensive than the Pearl.
    BB 8100 v.4.2.0.42 Unlocked
    Accs: 1GB MicroSD, BSE Total Body Skin, Seidio Rubberized Case, BT H500

PM me for NEW OEM BB Pearl battery doors!

PIN/ID
    317AFEB6
    If I wasn't an IT professional who did house calls, I wouldn't have bothered with a Blackberry at all, because it wouldn't have been a need. I prefer to select my devices based on what fits my needs. Frankly, I'd be happy with a PDA and a BT phone like the RAZR if I didn't need everything in a neat little package.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Havig used a Sidekick and Sidkick 2, I would not recomend one to anyone. Too many issues. Maybe 3 is better about that, but I wouldn't take the chanse.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

giannib no está en línea Stack level 1
    Almost a new convert too. I got the Pearl today and am gonna try it out for a few and see I like it better than my Sidekick 3. The only downside to switching over that I found is the loss of the easy to remember tmail email address and the fact that unlimited text messaging is not included (an extra $15 I think). Other than that I haven't really used the Pearl enough to post an opinion - yet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12