I am thinking of purchaseing a pearl but I want to find a few things ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

Just a couple of questions about the pearl

Advertisement

I am thinking of purchaseing a pearl but I want to find a few things out first. 1. I know EDGE is faster but my question is not regarding speed. Is the browser beter than that of my 7105t? (like being able to view my tmobile and such). 2. Can the Pearl be used as a modem? 3. If so is it faster than the 115k I get right now? 4. As an MP3 player what is the capacity?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Just a couple of questions about the pearl

Quote Originally Posted by skip00319
    I am thinking of purchaseing a pearl but I want to find a few things out first. 1. I know EDGE is faster but my question is not regarding speed. Is the browser beter than that of my 7105t? (like being able to view my tmobile and such). 2. Can the Pearl be used as a modem? 3. If so is it faster than the 115k I get right now? 4. As an MP3 player what is the capacity?
    1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes, depending on your USB transfer rates, thats probably the reason for the 115k, not the actual device itself

4. 1GB max with MicroSD. Without, songs limited to 2.7MB each.

PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cool thanks N8. Would you recomend I get the Pearl or wait til TMO goes 3G and releases BB for that?

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'd go ahead and get the Pearl... Who knows when they will have a BB available with 3G. I'm guessing it will be over a year.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Your better bet is to read all the threads and posts in here as they are interesting and informative. Then look around on the Net and use Google. Your questions will be answered in the process.

I did lots of research before buying the Pearl. I enjoyed reading the hundreds of reviews. I found that to be far more helpful because as is typical with many new products, the decision to buy is personal to individual consumers [unless the product is ill conceived and a total flop, in which case you can probably assume the 90% of people panning a product are correct].

PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks SF I am actually trying to research the pear. But I find talking to people about a device that they have use is helpful as well. I usually base my decision on the merits of a device versus my actual need.