Ok, I've just got a new 8100 pearl and 1GB mem stick. Apparently, I can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dpguitar no está en línea Stack level 1

Just a couple of memory questions...

Advertisement

Ok, I've just got a new 8100 pearl and 1GB mem stick. Apparently, I can only use this stick to store music, pics, vids, (not ringtones?). So my question is:

Is there any way I can store apps to the mem stick? That's the main reason I bought it.

Also, can I make the sd card a default location for all recorded media?

I'm pretty tired of my memory filling so fast... I need to find a new way to clear it out. I've deleted all apps that I don't use but I'd like to use the whole gig. Thanks in advance for the help!

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well yes you can store apps on the phone however you wont be able to use them. App when installed on the phone become part of the system software so the phone can access and run the apps.

And yes you can store ringtones on the SD card. Look in the ringtone folder in blackberry folder.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Right, I have moved all my pics from device memory to the sd card. How can I set it where it will automatically save the pics to the SD directory?

When I tried to move sounds and ringtones (highlight the file name in the media menu, click the ball--> no "move" option) I want to make the SD default save location for these files too.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hmmmm. It should do that automatically. Try Menu/options/media card/media card support/on.

To move a file (IIRC i could only move/copy pics) go to it hit the menu key. The option should be there. What OS are you running?
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

I'm running 4.3.0.97

Media card support is on, as well as mass storage support.

I've also been trying to dl apps today, but suddenly I haven't been able to download ANY and keep getting this error:

907 invalid jar request entity too large

No matter what browser I use (Opera Mini or the BB), the files will not download. I'm not sure what caused it because I have downloaded and un/installed numerous apps the past couple of days..