2 Questions: 1. I've been seeing a junk mail pushed to me though I already ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2

Junk mail and Prevent Copying mail

Advertisement

2 Questions:

1. I've been seeing a junk mail pushed to me though I already deactivated my BIS account and leave only BES account push mail. For some reasons, I still get this junk mail pushed to mail not through my BES but somewhere else. Any idea how to eliminate this.

2. Is there any "prevent copying" type of delivery when we want to send an email from our BB? Thanks in advance.

megan23247 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Junk mail and Prevent Copying mail

I am not 100% on this but I read somewhere that some of the applications or games like the JAR files etc. that we install from 3rd partys can sometimes have "ads" attached to them that come in the form of a message.

As far as question #2 in concerned im not exactly sure what your asking BUT maybe someone else knows what you mean and can help in answering that question.

Hope this helps!

amsirron23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B4907

If you log into BIS and add a filter to your e-mail addresses filtering out your own e-mail address in the from: field you should be fine I had the same issue with G-mail on my pearl

On 1, I am not on BIS only on BES. Verified the junkmail and it's not from BES service. Not so sure where it came from.

On my 2 question, I meant to prevent the recipient forward my mail to someone else. Not so sure how this feature is called on other mail system, but it's called PREVENT COPYING on Lotus Notes.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Chaiyarat View Post
    On 1, I am not on BIS only on BES. Verified the junkmail and it's not from BES service. Not so sure where it came from.

On my 2 question, I meant to prevent the recipient forward my mail to someone else. Not so sure how this feature is called on other mail system, but it's called PREVENT COPYING on Lotus Notes.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1: Are you sure that it is not coming from SMS or MMS? A lot of spammers are using these to send messages out. To trace it, check the mail headers for "Recieved Using:" to find the incoming account.

2: I also use Lotus notes so I know what you mean by "Prevent Copying", but I do not believe it can be done with outgoing mail on the BB. Not sure if there is any third party apps that may have that function though. When I send email out, the only option I have is to set the importance.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Re 2: I have searched for that, but I have not seen this option on BB itself.
    As other posters stated, it works from Lotus Notes.
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    1: Are you sure that it is not coming from SMS or MMS? A lot of spammers are using these to send messages out. To trace it, check the mail headers for "Recieved Using:" to find the incoming account.

The source show unknown. Pretty strange. Would it be a WAP push and how can I verify it? I observe some of them came from facebook but I don't really know how it came from as I did not activate or any of my BIS mail, only BIS and it doesn't show source as Blackberry (BES).