Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by SokudoBlade Every iphone device we have launched has kinda bombed.. The Rokr ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Jumping Ship?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SokudoBlade
    Every iphone device we have launched has kinda bombed..

The Rokr
    The Slvr
    V3i Razor

Just my thoughts
    I understand where you are coming from on some of your thoughts. But I don't think you can compare the iphone with any of these phones.

If anyone hasn't looked over what the iphone is supposed to do when it comes out, take some time and watch these: (i know this is a BB forum, but considering this phone may pull me away from BB phones, I think it's relevant - and since the iphone will really be a main competitor of BB in the future)

About the Widescreen iPod on it: http://www.apple.com/iphone/ipod/
    About the Phone Use on it: http://www.apple.com/iphone/phone/
    About the Internet on it: http://www.apple.com/iphone/internet/
    Other Tech stuff on it: http://www.apple.com/iphone/internet/

It just looks pretty amazing. I know that's a steep price, but for something that stays with me 24/7, it might be worth it. (and I can sell my video ipod if I get it, since it will replace that).

Also, as for the insurance...I think insurance through any of the phone companies is a complete waste. Deductibles are like $110+. It's crazy! I have always gone through State Farm for the insurance on my phones and computers. It's about $35 for the YEAR with no deductible. I forget if it goes along with home owners or what...but it is definitely better than going through the phone companies.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

If only i all customer's like you tecri! lol

Thanks for the link's im going to take a look at those now, i totally agree with that fact in taking care of my devices as well. The average consumer though is not into steep prices and treating their devices with care, which is what i fear going into the iphone launch, but if more customer's were serious about their devices like you then it might not be that bad!
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

im thinking about the dash

i just upgraded to the rogers and i notice i have an option for gps enable on my pearl now. but oh it doesnt' work. why put the gps option in this upgrade?

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

I know for at&t, we need to use the telenav service and have the subscription.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

that would make sense. thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by SokudoBlade

The price on the iphone with a 2 Year Agreement is $599.99 for the 8GB. $499.99 for the 4GB version. This will be the price with a new line of service or an upgrade.
    HOLY CRAP!!!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

and you have to give them your first born child...

it's in the fine print of the ToS.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    ...I have found through experience that the first generation of nearly any Apple product is rather buggy and unreliable. Then shortly after the first gen is introduced, they release an "upgraded version" ie: second generation. That's when it's worth purchasing as they usually have all the bugs sorted out etc.
    I second that
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    and you have to give them your first born child...

it's in the fine print of the ToS.
    haha, that's hilarious :]]]

I think I am gonna wait for the 8320, but I don't know.

Maybe the Pearl will satisfy me until 3G comes out.

If only my phone could have what the pearl has, with a 2MP Camera, WiFi, and 3G... I would be sooo happy :]]

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I'm sticking w/ the Pearl.. I actually PREFER SureType over a traditional keyboard and just want small and light!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Just bought me a brand spankin new pearl, probably will get the 8300 when and if it comes to TMO. my guess is sometime right before christmas.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Just bought me a brand spankin new pearl, probably will get the 8300 when and if it comes to TMO. my guess is sometime right before christmas.
    Congratulations on your new Pearl!

I think you made an outstanding decision. The Pearl is a great model, and I'm sure you will be very happy. In addition, I believe your timing is just right. You may very well find that the Pearl is perfect for you and the 8300 will then not factor in.

However, in the event that the opposite is true, and you use the Pearl but decide you want the 8300, by the time T-Mobile gets it, you will be ready to make the move. Pearls are continuing to be very popular and sell very well on eBay. You will win no matter what.

Personally, as much as I'm enjoying my 8300, I have become a big advocate of SureType. I have it in my 7130c as well as my Pearl and I'm really happy with how fast it is, and how much smaller a device can be since there are only half as many keys needed on a qwerty keyboard.

Certainly it's personal preference, but I must admit that it converted me from a die-hard qwerty user to someone who appreciates both, but now prefers SureType. I save a lot of time when processing a large number of emails by using one of my BlackBerry's with SureType.

Cheers...

94explorer no está en línea Stack level 2

Waiting till the 8120 is out. All others are too big!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    Congratulations on your new Pearl!

I think you made an outstanding decision. The Pearl is a great model, and I'm sure you will be very happy. In addition, I believe your timing is just right. You may very well find that the Pearl is perfect for you and the 8300 will then not factor in.

However, in the event that the opposite is true, and you use the Pearl but decide you want the 8300, by the time T-Mobile gets it, you will be ready to make the move. Pearls are continuing to be very popular and sell very well on eBay. You will win no matter what.

Personally, as much as I'm enjoying my 8300, I have become a big advocate of SureType. I have it in my 7130c as well as my Pearl and I'm really happy with how fast it is, and how much smaller a device can be since there are only half as many keys needed on a qwerty keyboard.

Certainly it's personal preference, but I must admit that it converted me from a die-hard qwerty user to someone who appreciates both, but now prefers SureType. I save a lot of time when processing a large number of emails by using one of my BlackBerry's with SureType.

Cheers...
    I can second this decision also. I had to get a new Pearl last month. I eyed my 7730 and my SideKick 3 which have the full keyboard. Instead I went back to my 7100t because I am not ready to go back to a full keyboard yet.I have decided to pass on the 88xx and 83xx models TMobile has/will have. I will happily wait for the next SureType BB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast