Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by quantumiq ill be here to collect all your abandoned pearls then...can't have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by quantumiq
    ill be here to collect all your abandoned pearls then...can't have too many spare parts
    ROFL I'll take also two for spare...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Jumping Ship?

To quote the first post in this thread:
    "Who all is jumping ship from the Pearl to the Curve?"

I think some of you may be confused by the model numbers.

1) There is no such device as an 8320.
    2) The 8300 is the model designation for the Curve.
    3) The 8830 is an exact replica of the 8800, except it's a CDMA version.

So if we are talking "Jumping Ship" to the Curve, the only applicable model is the 8300.

Hope this clarifys it for everyone.

Cheers....

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

Whoaaaa!.... I stand corrected... Thanks! Nice Work!

See just proves what I said all along - I'm_ The_ One_ That's Confused.......

PIN/ID

I didn't know til Stacey said something about it, then I looked it up.

I want that thingggg :]]]

And by the way, since you did such a nice courteous job of correcting me, I clicked the green button to increase your trust rating... you deserve it!

And Thanks Again!
    Archer6

PIN/ID

Thanks. :]

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Yeah, 8320 looks rather nice. WiFi would also be a plus. I don't mind so much about the size (even though I like how small the pearl is), since I got the pearl after having the sidekick 2.

So I may be jumping ship...but - dare I say - the iphone is an option too. I was looking at the sample videos of it at apple's iphone site, and that pretty much looks like everything you could ever want on a phone. I just don't know.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    Yeah, 8320 looks rather nice. WiFi would also be a plus. I don't mind so much about the size (even though I like how small the pearl is), since I got the pearl after having the sidekick 2.

So I may be jumping ship...but - dare I say - the iphone is an option too. I was looking at the sample videos of it at apple's iphone site, and that pretty much looks like everything you could ever want on a phone. I just don't know.
    For what it's worth, here are some thoughts regarding the iPhone.

Admittedly I'm a real phone and laptop addict..... Who's had several Apple products to include a few PowerBooks, MacBook Pro, and iPods.

I have found through experience that the first generation of nearly any Apple product is rather buggy and unreliable. Then shortly after the first gen is introduced, they release an "upgraded version" ie: second generation. That's when it's worth purchasing as they usually have all the bugs sorted out etc.

Now just for sake of brief comparison, BlackBerry vs. iPhone

If you want a super reliable, stable, device that "just works" and is very easy to use, has a great phone and will save you time in managing your email, date book, tasks, and provide a good mobile browsing experince, then hands down it's BlackBerry.

However if it's entertainment you want. To watch movies, and video clips, etc the the iPhone once it becomes a proven device will have an advantage.

Personally I think a well sorted out, properly performing iPHone is a very long ways out.

For me, I watch my movies on a large screen at home or at the theatre. I cannot imagine the small screen experience satisfying me. But that's just me.

Cheers...

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I do appreciate your thoughts. It will be a big decision to make. Not only changing phones, but having to switch from tmo too. I read somewhere else to wait until the 2nd gen comes out to even consider it. I also agree it won't be perfect first coming out. The only apple product I've owned is the video ipod. The two devices I have with me at all times are my pearl and ipod. A device that combines those sounds very appealing. If apple eventually releases an iphone that does everything it says it will do with out problems and smoothly, I think it has answered all my prayers for the perfect phone.

I still don't know how I'd like the touchscreen or the on screen keyboard. The video examples on their site just shocked me. It looks so nice.

I realize BB is just getting into consumer phones instead of strictly business, but it looks like the iphone has what my BB does and those things that I'm like "I wish my BB could do that".

Tough decision, and thanks for your thoughts. If I do jump ship for the apple, I'll wait for the 2nd release - so I guess I'll be with BB for a while. But before then, may jump to the curve with wifi. (I like change, if you haven't noticed. 1 year with a phone is about my limit - at least I have til October to decide). Thanks again.

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Sorry for being lazy and not reading more. But can some one tell me, does the 8300 have gps?

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle
    Sorry for being lazy and not reading more. But can some one tell me, does the 8300 have gps?
    No the 8300 doesn't have GPS.

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

So they 8800 models are the only models with built in gps unit?

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

I might try the Curve out soon as our store gets some in-stock. Which will hopefully be next month as gossip has it. The main thing for me is the full qwerty, Suretype is sweet and all but i still like my qwerty devices. WiFi isn't important. Edge atm may be a step back, but with a Blackberry i wan't a reliable device with some fun. I don't need another toy. I've spoken with our Blackberry Rep, he told me the main issues they have held off on 3G upgrades is because battery life will suffer. Which i think is a good move seeing as most of the 3G handsets ive tested have short battery life unless you get an extended battery.

The talk of moving to UMTS or HSPDA on a BB is still out there. I've found over the past couple month's to see our (at&'ts) 3G service run a lil slower due to more users now and more bandwith being sucked up on the network. In that case i've enjoyed the Edge Network being a lill freed up atm.

Seeing is how at&t is giving us all brand new Pearls, i really can't see myself moving up to the curve till the price comes down or i get one from work

Now.. the iphone..

Coming from someone working for the carrier about to launch the device.. It's just a glorified ipod.. and will be lacklust at best on the phona/data side.

Most handsets coming out this summer for at&t atleast will support 4GB Micro Sd's and in the near future 8GB micros. With that said you can get some low cost solutions for a good phone and entertainment device with the same storage of an ipod.

The price on the iphone with a 2 Year Agreement is $599.99 for the 8GB. $499.99 for the 4GB version. This will be the price with a new line of service or an upgrade. For those of you on a Contract, at&t lets you upgrade and extend your agreement in the last 6 months of your contract. So basically every year and a half you can upgrade. The only way you can upgrade early is by atleast having a rate plan of $59.99 or Higher. You'll probably be able to upgrade every year. The more MRC your line brings in the Upgrade program tailors better these customers. I've seen customer get an extra $100 of their upgrade price because they have high MRC.

So for those needing to buy the device at normal retail cost, thats about $749.99 on a device that wont have insurance available, and will probably get busted in the near future.

The concept is great and revolutionary.. but i know im going to do nothing but return those devices because people will want their money back or having issues.

Every iphone device we have launched has kinda bombed..

The Rokr
    The Slvr
    V3i Razor

Just my thoughts
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

slackware no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240162ec

when the iphone comes out, its mine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast