Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey people, I previous had jivetalk working. It would permit me to send and receive ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

JiveTalk No Allowing Me To Send Files

Advertisement

Hey people,

I previous had jivetalk working. It would permit me to send and receive files to AIM buddies perfectly well. Then suddenly it stopped working. The error I get is this:-

"the application jive talk $2dblackberry$2dpearl has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

Classjava.lang.SecurityExcept on, Permission denied"

I don't have an IT policy either, as I removed this using instructions here:- http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ay_remove.html

I had JiveTalk working after removing the pollicy, that had me type a passwprd in to unlock the device every single time, but I'm unsure if my OS upgrade from 4.2.1.051 to 4.2.1.103 had played a part in this not working at present.

I'm pretty sure there are some folks on here that have .103 and jive working well?

Your advice is appreciated.

Rich
    Last edited by r1ch007; 09-28-2007 at 06:10 AM.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

Re: JiveTalk No Allowing Me To Send Files

Hi , It happened to me too, they state that if you dont have a micro SD Card then you dont have send & receive capabilities ( i was using MSN not AOL FYI ...

Hope this helps

PIN/ID

Hmmm, welll I have a Micro SD card with plenty space available.

This is seriously starting to annoy me now, I had this working previously!

Thanks for your input though, appreciate it!

PIN/ID

UPDATE!

Since reading through out the stacks, I come to understand that removig the IT policy applies a firewall lock on the device.

So I think I'm asking for a resolution to unlock the enable firewall I have.

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by r1ch007; 09-29-2007 at 11:10 AM.

br0nx finest no está en línea Stack level 1

I have this same problem, even requested a device replacement through ATT. New phone also came with lock in firewall settings, no one knows what this is or how to help me. I've been trying for weeks now.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i still have no solution. Keep me informed.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

does adjusting the firewall permissions for jivetalk not fix it?

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nope. I have tried configuring and it doesn't change a thing. Perhaps you can shed some light on this?

Thanks
    Last edited by r1ch007; 10-28-2007 at 11:44 AM.

PIN/ID

Re: UPDATE!!!!

Ok People I have a solution.

I have JivetTalk sending a receiving files as it once was on my pearl. I managed this by editing the policy file from the link in my post previously, saving the amendment, connecting my bb and letting DM do all the work.

After much research and delegation I have the answer to this problem.

1. Download the policy file from the link above. This will remove the locked keypad password on your device, so you don't have to input a password everytime you want to unlock your device keypad.

2. After speaking with a member from another BB related site this is what he had to say "A software tool (called policy.exe) will create a policy from the human-readable file (policy.inc). I got the tool by downloading it from RIM directly at the following link: http://www.blackberry.com/select/server/express.shtml. It is part of the server. Download the package and you will find these files (ITPolicy.exe, etc) in one of the directory. You then have to edit the policy.inc to your liking and load it onto your BB by following the instructions that come in a pdf file (it_policy.pdf) that's also present in the package you have downloaded"

3. Inside the policy the 'split pipe allowed' is set to false. You need to change this to 'True'. Just shift through all the text in the policy and look for:

; Policies that control the behaviour of third party applications

; on Java-based handhelds.

AllowThirdPartyUseSerialPort {policy} = true

AllowExternalConnections {policy} = true

AllowInternalConnections {policy} = true

AllowSplitPipeConnections {policy} = false (change to true)

DisallowThirdPartyAppDownloads {policy} = false

4. Once you have edited and saved the policy make sure you hit 'generate' from the tool bar menu.

5. Open DM, connect your BB sit back and let device manager do its thing.

If any mods out there stumble upon this thread, i highly recommend putting this in the sticky, as I encountered many people suffering from this experience in my research.

Rich
    Last edited by r1ch007; 10-28-2007 at 01:12 PM.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

great post rich, i'm sure this will be very helpful for a lot of people.

this will definitely be useful

Re: UPDATE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by r1ch007 View Post
    Ok People I have a solution.
    1. Download the policy file from the link above. This will remove the locked keypad password on your device, so you don't have to input a password everytime you want to unlock your device keypad.

2. After speaking with a member from another BB related site this is what he had to say:

"A software tool (called ITpolicy.exe) will create a policy from the human-readable file (policy.inc). I got the tool by downloading it from RIM directly at the following link: http://www.blackberry.com/select/server/express.shtml.

It is part of the server. Download the package and you will find these files (ITPolicy.exe, etc) in one of the directory. You will use this to edit the policy.inc to your liking and then generate a policy.bin file.

Then you will load it onto your BB by following the instructions that come in a pdf file (it_policy.pdf) that's also present in the package you have downloaded."

3. Inside the policy the 'split pipe allowed' is set to false. You need to change this to 'True'. Just shift through all the text in the policy and look for:

; Policies that control the behaviour of third party applications on Java-based handhelds. ;

AllowThirdPartyUseSerialPort {policy} = true
    AllowExternalConnections {policy} = true
    AllowInternalConnections {policy} = true
    AllowSplitPipeConnections {policy} = false (YOU MUST change this to true)
    DisallowThirdPartyAppDownloads {policy} = false

4. Once you have edited and saved the policy make sure you hit 'generate' from the tool bar menu. NOTE: Make sure you pay attention to where it will place this "policy.bin" file and be sure to put it into your Desktop Manager folder where it will OVERWRITE whatever policy.bin you previously had.

5. Open DM, connect your BB sit back and let device manager do its thing.

If any mods out there stumble upon this thread, I highly recommend putting this in the sticky, as I encountered many people suffering from this experience in my research.

Rich
    I edited this post because as I used it last night, it took many reads and re-reads to get this straight. I think with the edited text, it will be easier for members.
    Last edited by br0nx finest; 10-29-2007 at 01:09 PM.

mkoby no está en línea Stack level 1

so will those Step by Steps in the previous post work for someone using BIS on their BlackBerry and not BES?

Quote Originally Posted by mkoby View Post
    so will those Step by Steps in the previous post work for someone using BIS on their BlackBerry and not BES?
    yes it will - that is my exact case.

onelove5683 no está en línea Stack level 1

ok, someone please please tell me how in the world you were able to get that program downloaded?? It kept telling me my browser expired. I want to cry, I've been doing this for about 9 hrs now. Finally I thought I found the treasure at the end of the rainbow but I can't get the damn software downloaded.

I'm facing the firewall problem too, please help me get that itpolicy.exe

=/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast