Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i'm thinking in like 30 days...they said a 30 trial.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Jive Talk vs IM+

Advertisement

i'm thinking in like 30 days...they said a 30 trial.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Is it worth it if you just use Yahoo IM? I can't get the Yahoo IM for BB due to being a Cingular subscriber btw

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    I think they are very comparable.

Price is the biggest difference. A good thing for Jivetalk.
    JiveTalk=19.99 to 29.99
    IM+ = 49.95

but the way they treated the beta all the way to release was probably the best I've seen a company do a beta test. Problems were found and fixed promptly. Users gave suggestions and suggestions were implimented with the next release. I think they have found a loyal base of users with A+++++ service.

hope this helps your decision making
    ~red
    Couldn't agree with you more. JiveTalk, 100% the way to go! wouldnt change it for the world.

P.S. Love the bubble chat style, it ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by lavagirl669
    Is it worth it if you just use Yahoo IM? I can't get the Yahoo IM for BB due to being a Cingular subscriber btw
    You can just get the 1 user lisence for 19.99 and you should be more then ok. I personally think it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlancaster00
    Absolutley I'll use it if you pay! I just don't want to pay when I can go back to rambleIM for free
    So if AOL is all you use then stick to ramble, why even have this guy waste his money if all you use is AOL?

blu3flam3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F88D92

good software but i dont know if i want to pay for it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i can't believe that so many people want something so darn cool, FOR FREE!

i paid for IM+ and actually just in the past month have started using jivetalk

i LOVE jive...i will pay for it...and i will pay for the multi-license...and i will never look back at IM+

i mean, come on ya'll...$30 bucks! geez...you'd think it was as expensive as the bb in your hand

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

already paid the $20, and didn't think twice.

came to the pearl from the sidekick 2, which had the best AIM client i've ever seen on a phone. this is a very very (very) close 2nd.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

tecrishon is right about it being "a very very very close 2nd" and it will be a 1st with the future updates of file transfer, chatroom and group chat. it has single-handedly turned BB into a mobile client msging device that can complete with the sidekick.

I'm kinda surprised by some of the comments though.. do people realize how much work went into this app? they are providing more than just a killer client, they are providing a reliable service. I've been on board since pretty early on and suggestions were listened to and added, emails responded to with amazing quickness and bugs solved with urgency (even when they weren't causing any serious problems). for a one time fee you not only getting an app, you are getting the help behind it.

if $20-$30 one time is breaking the bank, it might be time to reconsider career choices.

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah, i think ill get a multiple device license for any future BB i may use. for those who dont' want to pay, you can always use eBuddy, or meebo but those are WAP's ( i think im using this term correctly). feel free to correct me if im wrong.

makija no está en línea Stack level 3

well i dont know about paying but for now it works free i wont update and simple as that

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    tecrishon is right about it being "a very very very close 2nd" and it will be a 1st with the future updates of file transfer, chatroom and group chat. it has single-handedly turned BB into a mobile client msging device that can complete with the sidekick.

I'm kinda surprised by some of the comments though.. do people realize how much work went into this app? they are providing more than just a killer client, they are providing a reliable service. I've been on board since pretty early on and suggestions were listened to and added, emails responded to with amazing quickness and bugs solved with urgency (even when they weren't causing any serious problems). for a one time fee you not only getting an app, you are getting the help behind it.

if $20-$30 one time is breaking the bank, it might be time to reconsider career choices.
    Why pay when I can get it for free ? I only use AIM. If I even used my MSN/Yahoo accounts I might consider paying $30. It's not that $30 bucks is expensive but I like to keep my money in the bank earning interest.

ZoMtEc no está en línea Stack level 1
    I only used im+ yet because jivetalk doesn't support connecting above the BIS http transport like im+ and I only have an unlimited data plan on this service.... But I would give it a try...

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

well sidekick is MADE for aim haha imo. browser sucks nothing compared to bb. jive talks the real deal and plus its only a ONE time fee. common.

kyububba no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMtEc
    I only used im+ yet because jivetalk doesn't support connecting above the BIS http transport like im+ and I only have an unlimited data plan on this service.... But I would give it a try...
    We do support BIS, been supporting BIS-B since 0.9.0, been supporting http since build 1. Just set the transport options under preferences to BIS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast