Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

now that jive talk is ending their beta testing, what are your opinions on these ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

Jive Talk vs IM+

Advertisement

now that jive talk is ending their beta testing, what are your opinions on these two programs. i wanna take everything into consideration before i decide.

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82

Re: Jive Talk vs IM+

I dont want to pay at all. I only use JiveTalk and love it but I'll switch to another free IM client. I used RambleIM on my 7250 and had no problems. Good if you only use AIM.

DunkHype no está en línea Stack level 3

i would use jivetalk over anything. now that beta is over i would ottally pay the fee ( which i am ) .

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I think they are very comparable.

Price is the biggest difference. A good thing for Jivetalk.
    JiveTalk=19.99 to 29.99
    IM+ = 49.95

Most of the capablities of IM+ will be available soon for Jivetalk. I'm thinking that JiveTalk will take a good chunk of users from IM+. I really didn't care for IM+ when I had it for trial. I think they did price gouge since they were the only available application with multiple IM clients in one. Seriously $50 is not a good price! There were plenty of people hacking google talk with multiple transports just so they didn't have to get ripped off.

I guess I'm a little bias because I was in the beta test from the ground up, but they way they treated the beta all the way to release was probably the best I've seen a company do a beta test. Problems were found and fixed promptly. Users gave suggestions and suggestions were implimented with the next release. I think they have found a loyal base of users with A+++++ service.

hope this helps your decision making
    ~red

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

I'm on a corporate BES which may be why the difference, but IM+ (which I did pay for) is terribly slow to start up and log in. I've been using Jive Talk through it's Beta and it's MUCH faster. I suspect I'll be buying the multiple device license when the beta runs out at the end of the month.
    JerryD

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Nothing worth having in life is FREE! It's a small fee for a great program, JiveTalk. I say pay for it. Do you want me to pay for it for you?

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: Jive Talk vs IM+

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    Nothing worth having in life is FREE! It's a small fee for a great program, JiveTalk. I say pay for it. Do you want me to pay for it for you?

haha sure!!!

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I have both and had IM+ longer but prefer JT's larger interface and fonts and better reliability more so I use it more. If I were to pick and pay today, I would go with JT.

Feature wise the tiny edge has to go to IM+ right now but JT has done a lot and fast. JT does have better sound and alert features, like buddy pounce (log on notifier) specific notifiers, so that may be important to some.

The only nitpick I have with JT, as its been very stable and all my use was in Beta, is I do think it uses battery life more than IM+.

On the other hand, the only nitpicks I have with IM+ is like someone else mentioned it takes a long time to first log you on and with AIM sometimes it looks like your connected until you try to send an IM then it shows that your really not logged in. This can be a dealbreaker if you use AIM a lot. I can go weeks without it happening or sometimes is happens every day.
    Last edited by rkkeller; 05-29-2007 at 10:14 AM.

jlancaster00 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b26f82
    Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    Absolutley I'll use it if you pay! I just don't want to pay when I can go back to rambleIM for free

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

There are very few IM programs across the platforms (WM, Palm, Symbian, etc.) that work as well as Jive Talk. I'll be buying the program....great price.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Quote Originally Posted by jlancaster00
    I just don't want to pay when I can go back to rambleIM for free
    If all you use is AOL, that may be your best choice.

I am logged into AOL, MSN, Google, Yahoo and ICQ. VERY rarely get a disconnect.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

i love JIVETALK. definitely choose jivetalk! they have screen shots of their IM app on their website www.beejive.com if you want to take a look. and if you wanted to see how it was, they do offer a 30 DAY trial. you dont have to pay to try it out! you'll love it! (:

PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    The only nitpick I have with JT, as its been very stable and all my use was in Beta, is I do think it uses battery life more than IM+.
    Hmmm...I haven't notice a differnce. Do you IM alot during the day or are you an occasional user?
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

i love jivetalk
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when does the beta software expire?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast