I have the free version of Jive talk still, but haven't been using it much ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Jive Talk friendly with iPhone?

Advertisement

I have the free version of Jive talk still, but haven't been using it much because it eats my battery (phone's fault and not JT's I'm sure)....Hubby and I both have bb's and use the messenger to talk, however, he is wanting to switch to the iPhone....and I can alreade see my text bill shooting through the roof....not to mention, i hate talking all day on Text. I prefer JT or Messenger because it keeps the conversations going, and isn't stocking my text in-box....Will the JT be user friendly on the iPhone? Is it compatible with the Curve? (that's what I am switching to).....Also....what do they mean by "multiple license".....I think I can pay the $30 and have both his and my accounts on it, on two different phones, am I understanding correctly?

Thanks !

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Jive Talk friendly with iPhone?

as for the jivetalk licenses...

they have a "user license" which is $30. it can only be used on one BB at a time, but if you switch BB's (if one breaks, and get a replacement, etc.), that license will work on your new BB.

they also have a "multi-user license" which is $30/person. it seems pretty much like the same as "user license" - b/c you can transfer it to a new device and all, but you are paying per person, so it is the same amount of money.

so basically, you have to pay $30 for each of you...unless you want to pay the $20 - which is only good for that device (if you have to get a new one, you have to buy another license)

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

hmmmm....ok.....thank you tecrishon.....gonna have to ask hubby cause he pays the bills! LOL!

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm not certain. But, it seems I've been reading that the Iphone isn't going to accept 3rd party apps. At least not yet. Maybe someone can shed more light on this....

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's what I heard too, no 3rd party apps, but that was a while back. Someone recently told me the iphone would support any program that runs on osx but I'm not sure if I believe that, no telling where he herd it from...

You've got the right idea going with the curve, I wish I could get my hands on one of those, but I like my pearl a lot too.

Its hard not to like the iphone after watching one of their commercials, but I just keep thinking about what would happen if I had a problem with it or had questions about it, you just can't beat blackberry or treo as far as the knowledgeble forum communitys go... That's my two cents, I think he should stick with a BB and buy a nice ipod if you really need it... One last thing about the iphone, if yall do a lot of typing back and forth he might not like it too much, I've herd from a bunch of people that those touch screen keyboards aren't very thumb-friendly and that they are impossible to type on unless you keep your eyes glued to where you're fingers are.

#1 BBFreak no está en línea Stack level 2

I've also heard that 3d prty apps will be "locked" for some time to come. Also there aren't many Iphone developers out there anyway as of yet.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes but doesn't jivetalk support iChat? Same thing as AIM? So technically you can use the jivetalk on the bb. And iChat on the iphone.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

~red

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Red that is true. If you can install anything that works on osx ichat would work becuase it does work with osx.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I heard the iphone does not have any external storage at all. Not sure how all the movies and music they show during the commercial will work.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

but the ipod has no external memory and it has 30 gb and 80 gb. i was figuring they were just going to do something like that for the iphone, where external memory is not needed.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    I heard the iphone does not have any external storage at all. Not sure how all the movies and music they show during the commercial will work.
    well, they are coming in 4gb and 8gb models. don't know if i'd call that external storage or internal storage, but it's storage.