Hey guys. I am new to my pearl and I love it! I was thinking ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

Java Exception Problem and Picture Loading Problem

Advertisement

Hey guys. I am new to my pearl and I love it! I was thinking about the curve, but I can't justify spending 200 dollars on a phone when i love my pearl. Anyways I have two main problems with my phone.

1)

Sometimes when I try to call somebody using the suretype from the main screen, if I type fast enough it freezes for a second and the hourglass comes up and then its gives me a java exception error and then diverts back to the call log. I updated to the new OS and it still does this (AT&T). Any fix for this error?

2)

When I go into the media program and try to view my pictures on my media card, a lot of the times it will show an hourglass RIGHT after I click the media card folder and take over a minute to open up my pictures. Sometimes it will open it up very quickly. I don't know what is going on.

I called cingular and they replaced my phone saying it was defective, however it still happens on my new phone. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Java Exception Problem and Picture Loading Problem

Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade
    Hey guys. I am new to my pearl and I love it! I was thinking about the curve, but I can't justify spending 200 dollars on a phone when i love my pearl. Anyways I have two main problems with my phone.

2)

When I go into the media program and try to view my pictures on my media card, a lot of the times it will show an hourglass RIGHT after I click the media card folder and take over a minute to open up my pictures. Sometimes it will open it up very quickly. I don't know what is going on.

I called cingular and they replaced my phone saying it was defective, however it still happens on my new phone. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!
    Not sure about the first problem, but if you change your <Thumbnails per row> to show 4, it helps with loading the pics after you click the media card.

Go to <Media> then <Pictures> then hit the button to the left of your trackball, then <Options> then change it to 4.

Hope that helps a little!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Java Exception Problem and Picture Loading Problem

Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade

1)

Sometimes when I try to call somebody using the suretype from the main screen, if I type fast enough it freezes for a second and the hourglass comes up and then its gives me a java exception error and then diverts back to the call log. I updated to the new OS and it still does this (AT&T). Any fix for this error?

2)

As for #1 are you typing their name or number? What java exception does it give you?

As for #2 The number one best thing to keep your media card pics loading quickly is to go to your Browser
    Hit Menu, Go to Options
    Cache Operations
    Clear out your Content Cache

This will help your thumbs load much quicker. If you do a lot of browsing like I do, keep an eye on that. Anytime your thumbs take a while to load clear that out and everything will be back up to speed.

Good Luck
    ~red

p.s. your first phone probably wasn't defective, but at least you got a new phone