i was wondering about this java thing and it the same as j2me ??? i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

acuratalk no está en línea Stack level 1

i was wondering about this java thing and it the same as j2me ??? i think i need that because i tried downloading some games and there wouldnt work?? is thins why do i need java?? and if so could someone tell me where i could download it thansk

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: java???

Hope it helps.

BlackBerry devices based on Java

Doc ID : KB04637
    Last Modified : 2006-11-13
    Document Type : What Is

Print this page

• BlackBerry® devices based on Java™

Knowledge base articles that refer to BlackBerry devices based on Java are referring to models that operate on a Java development platform. All BlackBerry devices operate on a Java platform, except for the RIM® 850 Wireless Handheld, RIM 857 Wireless Handheld, RIM 950 Wireless Handheld, and RIM 957 Wireless Handheld. These four models operate on a C++ development platform.
    For more information regarding BlackBerry devices, see the BlackBerry web site.

The Java 2 Platform

What we commonly refer to as "Java" is more formally known as the Java 2 Platform. The Java 2 Platform is split into three editions: Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE), Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE), and Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME). Each edition of the platform provides a complete environment for running Java-based applications, including the Java virtual machine (VM) and runtime classes.

Java 2 Micro Edition

In J2ME, the Java runtime environment is adapted for constrained devices - devices that have limitations on what they can do when compared to standard desktop or server computers. For low-end devices, the constraints are fairly obvious: extremely limited memory, small screen sizes, alternative input methods, and slow processors. High-end devices have few, if any, of these constraints, but they can still benefit from the optimized environments and new programming interfaces that J2ME defines.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 02-04-2008 at 01:11 PM.