I know this has been discussed a lot and I'm sorry for the repost but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

navymax no está en línea Stack level 1

.jad install problem. Please help!

Advertisement

I know this has been discussed a lot and I'm sorry for the repost but I'm a newbie and need the forums help. Thanks.
    I'm not on a data plan..
    I have pearl 8120 My OS is 4.3

- I'm trying to download the today plus from the free theme section of this fourm
    - I tried adding it to my application loader be it wouldn't reconize a .jad file just .alx etc..
    - I saw a couple of post on the forum where it said to drag it to your media card and open the explore button and download it. I did that..Isaw the file and try to download it and before it could download it said "download fail". details said --> "907 invalid COD file not found error"

I don't know what else to do. I really want this theme. Can someone help me?
    I'm a newbie so I'm not familar with all of the tech terms so if someone can walk me through some options I would be more than thankful!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I would recommend sending the theme maker a PM requesting the Desktop Manager install files. (alx). The reason the .jad (over-the-air) files did not install using that method is because you did not have all the files needed to install the theme. You only had the .jad file. That method does actually work but only if you have all the install files needed. Often downloading the .jad files in zip file format will work after you unzip file files.

navymax no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks 7741. One last question. once i unzip the files from my PC which files extension do I try to load from the apps loader?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by navymax View Post
    Thanks 7741. One last question. once i unzip the files from my PC which files extension do I try to load from the apps loader?
    alx