. I am having a blackberry pearl 8100..and recently updated my T-Mo us to 4.2.1.101 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

Arrow .Jad files are not working..experiecing kinda error.can sum1 help

Advertisement

. I am having a blackberry pearl 8100..and recently updated my T-Mo us to 4.2.1.101 and found a new feature that i can now install.jad files simply putting them any where on Media card or device memory...i downloaded some theme files like eg: com_plazmic_themes_xxx.jad

I have a problem though..when I download the jad file on my phone, it says download failed, it gives me a 907 Invalid COD file not found. What can i do? tell me i will be waiting for a nice and eager reply Thank you.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: .Jad files are not working..experiecing kinda error.can sum1 help

What file are you trying to install? If it's giving you that error then I don't think that file is compatible to the Pearl.

PIN/ID
    23E77069

the file i downloaded from here pinstack in category 8100oo OTA themes...its a jad file....when i try to install it then it gives the error 907 Invalid COD file not found...i think themes installation is only supported when we have an active internet or data plan...i try to install it offline

PIN/ID
    STACK

have you just tried to convert the jad file to a alx and cod file? Maybe that's a better way?

PIN/ID
    23E77069

i had bothe the ways...actually i am currently having no computer and no data plan in india...although hutch and airtel gives them but they are very expensive...so i thought installing .jad and .jar files are easy and the on the go way for me...but for alx and cod files i have to go to my friends home....that i dont like...cos what would he think....

PIN/ID
    STACK

oh yea understandable...sorry I couldn't help much Jaspreet.

Maybe someone else will know.

PIN/ID
    23E77069

oh no prob red...i am really thnakful to you..for giving me so much quick response....i spend 1000$ us every month on cyber cafe internet and i am a student so i have to adjust this very sensitively....

skinhead81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    254523AC

i've got a feeling it may have been created for 4.2.0 ... i created a theme the other day and selected 4.2.1 and it wouldn't work ... plamic themes are created for software versions i believe (i may be wrong ... don't beat on me!) ... hope this may help ...
    "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet
    the file i downloaded from here pinstack in category 8100oo OTA themes...its a jad file....when i try to install it then it gives the error 907 Invalid COD file not found...i think themes installation is only supported when we have an active internet or data plan...i try to install it offline
    I am slightly confused, You say you downloaded a 8100 theme file OTA. You are also saying you have no data plan. I presume you downloaded to a PC.

I was just wondering if it being an OTA download would make any difference ?

You could try and download from here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...themes.htmland see if it makes any difference
    Last edited by gazar; 08-09-2007 at 08:02 AM.