So I was looking in JerryD's Mini Version Tracker and downloaded the maxmem program and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

armageddon513 no está en línea Stack level 2

jacked my pearl up

Advertisement

So I was looking in JerryD's Mini Version Tracker and downloaded the maxmem program and ran it. I was trying to free up memory on my pearl by trying to delete the preloaded themes. Well it worked and it freed up a bunch of memory and my pearl worked great! I have a bunch of free memory. Bad thing is that now I can't install any themes on here anymore. It says they are installed but when I pull up themes they don't show up as an option. I see them on my phone when I run desktop manager but that is it. Has anyone tried that program out? Or had gay problem?

I meant had that problem.lol. Not had gay problem. Sorry I missed a key and suretype took over.lol
    Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am making an assumption that you have shut down and reatarted your berry after you installed the themes. You have done this yes? If not give that a shot. And a battery pull and count to 15 and replace mauy be of some assistance as it seems to be the answer to 80% of all issues. Good luck. Regards cHAd. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Also make sure the themes you loaded are specific for your BB. 81xx themes.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Which pre-loaded themes did you remove? If you remove the preloaded today theme then no other today themes will work. If you removed the preloaded icon theme....no other icon themes will work....etc.

I discovered this on my 8130 when I removed the preloaded dimension themes from it. I deleted all but the zen so only the zen style themes would work. I ended up putting them all back on. I change my theme styles all the time....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey azstar thanks that is what I was looking for. It makes sence. I didn't know that the per loaded themes were tied into the BB like that.I just thought they were like the 3rd party and you can just pull them off with no problem. Thanks for the info.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Very nice to know indeed, maybe I'll hold off on wiping out all mIne.

paulg1981 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the exact same issue and what solved it for me was replacing the net_rim_theme_bbdimension_today_240x260_b.cod I was using a today theme (custom) and it would not show up until I added the cod back.

I assume that adding back the _icon_b or the _l_b cod's would restore the theme functionality for those types as well.