I have just purchased a Jabra JX10 Bluetooth headset to use with my BlackBerry Pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

Jabra JX10 with BlackBerry Pearl

Advertisement

I have just purchased a Jabra JX10 Bluetooth headset to use with my BlackBerry Pearl. The problem is I can't get Voice Dial to work with it. It seems the only option when you click on the "call" button is to automatically dial the last number. To use Voice Dial, I have to unholster the Pearl and use the convenience key to activate Voice Dial (hardly handsfree)!

Voice Dial works perfectly with Logitech Traveller and BlueAnt X3, just not with the Jabra JX10. Any suggestions?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Jabra JX10 with BlackBerry Pearl

I have the same headset and the pearl and it works no prob.

When it displays something like "do you want to allow bluetooth device on your BB" screen did you select "do not ask this again"

Forgive me if this not the exact messages, but I do not have my BB at the moment.

Gaz.

BluT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24192DD3

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    I have the same headset and the pearl and it works no prob.

When it displays something like "do you want to allow bluetooth device on your BB" screen did you select "do not ask this again"

Forgive me if this not the exact messages, but I do not have my BB at the moment.

Gaz.
    I have one coming as we speak. Glad to see yours is working good. Any tips for the JX10 ?

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by BluT
    I have one coming as we speak. Glad to see yours is working good. Any tips for the JX10 ?
    Yeah be prepared to buy more ear clips, they snap far to easily !!

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a JX10 too and it works perfectly for voice dialing too. No issues there. However, I was having connectivity issues as I needed to rediscover the headset every time to keep my connection whenever I switched on my Pearl. Then I read another thread here on this issue and clicked on the Bluetooth icon and when in the folder clicked on the menu button and went into Options and made my Pearl discoverable. I have not had any problems since then.
    I have heard about the problems with the ear hooks breaking but I'm very careful with mine and haven't broken it yet.

BluT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24192DD3

Quote Originally Posted by swtrainer
    I have just purchased a Jabra JX10 Bluetooth headset to use with my BlackBerry Pearl. The problem is I can't get Voice Dial to work with it. It seems the only option when you click on the "call" button is to automatically dial the last number. To use Voice Dial, I have to unholster the Pearl and use the convenience key to activate Voice Dial (hardly handsfree)!

Voice Dial works perfectly with Logitech Traveller and BlueAnt X3, just not with the Jabra JX10. Any suggestions?
    Where did you get yours ? Ebay ? There are lots of counterfeit JX10's going around on Ebay that do the same thing as yours. Search the web for pics and you will see.

Yes - I did get it on eBay. When it didn't work, I notified the seller and they refunded my money and said to keep the headset, which really shocked me. But, that could be the issue if others have it working fine and mine doesn't work right.

AH HA! I just figured it out - you have to hold the volume up (+) button for voice dial. The paperwork (manual) says to tap the Answer button. Tapping the Answer button was doing last number redial but holding the + button is doing voice dial. Thanks to everybody for their replies.