Okay, I've been looking for a 'simple' theme for my 8130. I've tried one made ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

Question I've searched & still need help. Themes

Advertisement

Okay, I've been looking for a 'simple' theme for my 8130. I've tried one made for the 8100, and when I try loading it using the App loader, it says "Applicaction not found for my device". I've read the theme instructional thread (sorry I can't post a link) multiple times, and I'm doing everything it says, but I'm still getting this error.

Do I need a theme specifically made for my 8130? (v. 4.3.0.81 Platform 3.1.0.40)

If I do, can you recommend/provide a link?

I'm okay with OTA . . . I did that with a free Christmas theme. I've been trying to load Anfrey's zen, as I really LOVE the zen style, but no luck so far.

Help? Suggestions?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: I've searched & still need help. Themes

You probably haven't downloaded the Device Software package for you 8130 and installed it on your PC. You can find it by following the link for your carrier in this thread, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

I'm running Desktop Manager software v4.3.0.15. Is that the most recent? Can I not load these themes because they're made for the 8100?

I can download OTA themes just fine. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. SO frustrating.

grommmm no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2506BFFE

it might be the problem with the OS.. different theme versions for different OS.. most of the themes are for 4.2.1
    i have 4.2.0 and get the same error for most of the good looking themes..

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by BusyME View Post
    I'm running Desktop Manager software v4.3.0.15. Is that the most recent? Can I not load these themes because they're made for the 8100?

I can download OTA themes just fine. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. SO frustrating.
    In my post, I said Device software not Desktop Manager. You have to have the Device Software Package for your BB installed on the PC for the Desktop manager Application Loader install any other software or theme.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles