Let me start by saying this. When the pearl works, it is a great device ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

J0dy77 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had it with my pearl.

Advertisement

Let me start by saying this. When the pearl works, it is a great device and a pleasure to use. When it doesn't I never want to purchase another blackberry again.

I am now on my 3rd and probably final pearl from cingular. The first one I received had the worst call quality I've ever had on a phone, constant almost magnetic interference and static on the line. Second phone wouldn't hold a charge and constantly powered off. The 3rd phone and current phone finally worked as it was supposed to. Until yesterday when the pearl trackball decided to stop scrolling downward. Scrolling down is by far the most common function for the ball and it has already stopped working after only 3 short months? This is just really poor design overall by blackberry. Throw on top of that the constant dust the screen has been collecting underneath the LCD since I received it and I'm not a happy customer.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? I really don't want to replace the trackball after such a short period of time. If anyone might have an easy solution or similar story it would be greatly appreciated. (The worst part of this issue is that I'm now out of my magic 30 day grace period and stuck with the phone. At least the first 2 I had time to return.)

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: I've had it with my pearl.

Have you tried pulling off hte battery out the device? If that doesn't work maybe air in a can could do it for the dust stuck in it.
    Sorry to hear you had so much problem with your pearl and that's why I don't want one I prefer the old one without mp3s and camera but a real business phone
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

your trackball is probably just dirty. there's a link i think it's on the top of the page that tells you how to clean it. it's maintenance that needs to be done periodically, like the old mouse's with a rollerball.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Do you have insurance on the phone or a warranty? They will exchange it for you. I am currently in this same situation with my pearl. It shut down last night and won't come back on after using an extended battery in it for a week. I am using my backup bb 7100T to type this.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

As others have stated, it's probably just dust hampering the trackball. I use something called Dr. Air. It comes with the little CO2 cartridges and a dispenser. It's small and works great to get the dust out from the small cracks and crevices. I have never had a problem with mine. Hope this helps.

J0dy77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the tips everyone. I was thinking that dust might be the issue and hadn't had a chance to get an air can. Once I blew out the trackball with a standard aircan I started rolling perfectly again. Thanks again, everyone.

livingwater no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246db591

I had a similiar issue and removing the battery and reinserting it worked.