Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by option94 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I saw an account that was 20 phones ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Re: It's So Easy

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by option94
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I saw an account that was 20 phones and the bill was about 8000.
    was it a business account and did it get paid?

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yeah it was a business. That was their average bill, it gets paid every month.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

on a company basis, you'd be surprised at how much companies pay, yearly, for wireless devices...my company did an analysis about 2 years ago (and we are pretty small) and we were paying upwards of $50k a year. how did our parents ever manage without a cell phone?? how did people actually 'do' business?? lol...NOT instantly, like us...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Yikes.. sorry about that man!

325inewbie no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah, its very interesting at the company i work for to see how dependent everyone is on there blackberries and how much everyone uses them - even when we are all sitting in on conference calls and such probably half of the room is using their blackberry (not just young guys but the 40-50 yr old partners/execs!)

i can't imagine what we spend on blackberry subscriptions per month!!

but yes, it's funny how dependent we are on bb's and such techs, and i realize that our grandparents did just fine without them, but i can't imagine what would happen if we couldn't use them for a week!!!

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Wow! All these numbers are making my head spin. I was in Italy for almost a month on vacation and threw caution to the wind and used my phone the entire time. When I got home and got the bill it was over $1600! Fortunetly, the phone company settled with me for about $900. Another time I was in Quebec for about a week on business and that one week made my bill for the month like $400, but my company reimbursed me for that one. International roaming SUCKS!(and adds up quick if you're not careful)

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

When I was at a law firm we had monthly landline bills of about $3800. Our cell phones were about $4300 monthly [20 lawyers roaming all the time, before the days of "nationwide plans"].

But the bill posted is personal to me, not business related. I don't like it, but gotta pay for the pleasure, which the 8100 is.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Glad that's not me, but I've seen a bill for about $2K for two individuals on a family plan and this was for a month servoce when they went to Jamaica. It is best to get a prepaid sim when you go overseas to use in a unlocked phone.

bendite no está en línea Stack level 2

We have a 3000 minute plan for each of our phones and it's $49.99 + $29.99 for the BB unlimited data plan. Check to see if you have a regional plan in your area, they seem to be the best. I don't think I have ever exceeded the minutes and roaming is not an issue because the our region covers several states.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Regional plans can begood for those who don't do a tremendous amount of talking during the nights and weekends. Many people talk more minutes on the nights and weekends than is offered on the total amount of anytime minutes offered.

Regional plans are good for those who don't talk a lot and who only travel within that region of states in their plan.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joystik no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by option94
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I saw an account that was 20 phones and the bill was about 8000.
    lmfao never heard of such.

ernestdefoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218D1F76

I would hate for that to be my bill but none of the figures here even come close to the highest bill I have seen. I work for T-Mobile I saw the bill on an account with 400 active lines and it was over 100k for a month. That is the average every month.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by ernestdefoe
    I would hate for that to be my bill but none of the figures here even come close to the highest bill I have seen. I work for T-Mobile I saw the bill on an account with 400 active lines and it was over 100k for a month. That is the average every month.
    Yeah, those corporate accounts can be huge. But you can bet any of those individuals get a personal account, they would be depressed at seeing my bill, posted above.

Before I got rid of my land line at home, I had two lines [one for old-days DSL], plus cell, plus DSL. My residential, private use communications costs were about $200 a month and $2400 yearly. That's a lot to simply "reach out and touch someone."

Add to that all the other nice stuff, but "essentials," such as deluxe cable TV packages, etc., well, a man's gotta shave where he can shave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12