i have noticed lately that my battery life has come down to less than half ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Italy 1.66 BATTERY DRAIN!

Advertisement

i have noticed lately that my battery life has come down to less than half of what it originally was. its just been 4 months since i bought the phone..i remember the batt life started getting bad after i upgraded my os to 1.66. am going to downgrade os to check. has anybody observed the same?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Italy 1.66 BATTERY DRAIN!

I have noticed that too, but i like the features of the OS so i dont mind charging my phone everyday.
    Also, make sure that you dont have any applications running on the background... media, browser etc.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

No difference for me. Approx. 2 days before 1.66 and approx 2 days after.

When I run an IM program like JiveTalk, I only get approx. 1 day of battery.

irombeach no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: Italy 1.66 BATTERY DRAIN!

Same for me.
    Aprox 2.5 days (only calls and sms, no push mail, photo or internet, all led coverage disabled, 10% backlight brightness, automatic b/l off)
    Aprox 1.5 days (calls and sms, push mail and internet, all led coverage disabled, 10% backlight brightness, automatic b/l off)
    Bye Claudio

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

With running Italy, JiveTalk, Daily SMS and email, light calls and that trackball lighting program...my battery lasts at least 2 days without recharging. Although I have it hooked to the charger every night most of the time.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

Correct me if I am wrong - It seems that hitting the red "hangup" button does not close apps like on lesser cell phones, leaving the app running and connected to the internet(s)
    That might drain the battery. Go to menu and close the apps.
    Also eveyone who disables the screen dimming stuff might see additional drain. Howe about Jivetalk?
    Just some thoughts...I am still on the fence about upgrading the os, busy learning from all of you!

8100man no está en línea Stack level 2

how do you close the programs, where do you go and how do you do it?
    thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

teleberry/8100man

hold the alt key (bottom left corner) and click the back key (right of trackball)
    sorta like alt/tab on a pc. phone log, bbmess, browser, messages will always run in the *background*

always remember to use the menu/close when shutting down the apps.

::edit::
    and the reason i even clicked this thread was that i can't believe you guys are getting 2 full days. is this on a stock battery? i bought the slim ext battery and i still have to charge on my way home from work...maybe i have a defective battery.

8100man no está en línea Stack level 2

Cherrichiodo, thanks for the info, all you guys and gals kick butt.
    thanks

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    teleberry/8100man

hold the alt key (bottom left corner) and click the back key (right of trackball)
    sorta like alt/tab on a pc. phone log, bbmess, browser, messages will always run in the *background*

always remember to use the menu/close when shutting down the apps.

::edit::
    and the reason i even clicked this thread was that i can't believe you guys are getting 2 full days. is this on a stock battery? i bought the slim ext battery and i still have to charge on my way home from work...maybe i have a defective battery.
    i have a slim ext battery too... like cherri, i dont get a full days charge..i just downgraded my os couple days back, and guess what.. with the same usage as before am getting double batt life i'd rather lose out on a few features than always worry about my batt dying on me.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

no battery difference on mine at all between any of the versions. Sometimes i get 1 day... sometimes i get 3. I think it really depends on your coverage area and how many times your radio is going out.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I almost always get 2 full days with the standard battery UNLESS I use JiveTalk, then its down to only one day.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I've thought mines alot less recently too, but I was just going to blame that on Stacey. I guess it may not be her fault alone, but rather the entire country of Italy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."