Hey would the IT policy on my blackberry now restrict me from being able to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

krazilly no está en línea Stack level 2

IT Policy Question

Advertisement

Hey would the IT policy on my blackberry now restrict me from being able to access the BIS of a different carrier than the one it was on before. i tried getting the service from my carrier (Digicel) via their blackberry site but when i put in my imei and pin they said the account had been locked/barred or something like that. would removing this policy let me use their service?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Usually that means that the unit is still tied to another BIS account somewhere in the world. You will need to contact the previous owner or carrier to have that unit removed from the BIS account so you can use it.

Zo

so removing the policy wont work. i got the phone second hand and im not sure what the previous carrier was? is there anyway to find that out. The carrier i want to go to now said they could remove it if i had the receipt for the phone from the previous carrier =[ are you sure there is no other way i could do this so i could get it to work??

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Without getting the user you purchased/recieved it from to let you know, the only way I see is the route the carrier said with the reciept.

Zo

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3
    With the 8120 from the homescreen typs Alt+EACE

This will take you to the Help Me Screen

Look in there for Vendor ID

Then you can search on the Vendor ID via Pinstack and see who the original carrier was. Then you can contact them and speak to them about releasing it from their BIS. The release should be very simple. all they should have to do is remove the PIN from their records.
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Make sure its not reported lost or stolen. Imei blocked? Sounds like its blacklisted.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

the carrier i think is in chile and their site is in spanish so i dont know what to do. i dont know if the phone is blacklisted either =[. i think the carrier number is 174