Ok here’s my problem I use my 8100 as a modem and to use mine ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

IT Policy error??

Advertisement

Ok here’s my problem I use my 8100 as a modem and to use mine in this way I need to have my apn settings blank, however I use Opera mini 4 which requires me to input wap.voicestream.com for apn settings, I try running network config from Opera and I keep getting the same error from my firewall (I’m assuming anyways):

“The application operamini4beta has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy”

I have tried editing the security permissions setting the to allow for all options on that app but it still gives me the same error. Am I doomed to constantly have to change my apn settings or is there a way to bypass this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: IT Policy error??

Does Opera Mini work when you add the APN settings? If so, I think you are stuck.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

zerodayz no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: IT Policy error??

I used to get that error myself, though when using Google Maps. Took me ages to work out what was causing it. However, I finally tracked it down to the following IT Policy:

Security Policy Group: "Allow Split-Pipe Connections" (Default=False)

This disables applications to open Internal and External connections simultaneously.

It was blocking my Bluetooth connection as it is an external connection, whilst Google Maps opened a network connection (split-pipe) Made this rule True, now works.

Please note this is an IT Policy, you can do nothing from your handset. Buy your BES Admin a beer. If your not on BES, then you may have to wipe the policy as described elsewhere on this fourm (at your own risk!)

Hope this helps.

zerodayz

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by zerodayz
    I used to get that error myself, though when using Google Maps. Took me ages to work out what was causing it. However, I finally tracked it down to the following IT Policy:

Security Policy Group: "Allow Split-Pipe Connections" (Default=False)

This disables applications to open Internal and External connections simultaneously.

It was blocking my Bluetooth connection as it is an external connection, whilst Google Maps opened a network connection (split-pipe) Made this rule True, now works.

Please note this is an IT Policy, you can do nothing from your handset. Buy your BES Admin a beer. If your not on BES, then you may have to wipe the policy as described elsewhere on this fourm (at your own risk!)

Hope this helps.

zerodayz
    Yea unfortunatly I'm not on BES and I saw a thread a while back regarding the process to locate and remove a restrictive IT policy however I was unable to locate it, and yes Opera mini works when I input the apn settings but I can't tether with them in there

zerodayz no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh right, anyway, here is a link to the IT policy removal page:

blackberry.ig3.net

zerodayz

GeneralMayhem no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm also not on a BES, and I found that the only way to get Opera Mini to access any links is by turning off the firewall. Your link to remove the IT policy is missing. Any ideas?

knightberlin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi,

May you please re-post that link? I'm having IT Policy problems too and I'd like to try any and all solutions from Pinstack - what a great forum!

Thanks