Hey, another problem with my berry. Whenever I try using an online radio player (slacker ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Pearloid no está en línea Stack level 2

IT policy?

Advertisement

Hey, another problem with my berry. Whenever I try using an online radio player (slacker etc.) it come up saying that the application is trying to open a port outside my firewall and inside my firewall that is not allowed by my IT policy. How can i fix this?

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I'll try to explain how.It's a permissions issue.you go to options, scroll up to advanced options click, scroll up to apps click,click menu,scroll down to modules click,scroll down to say slacker click menu,scroll down to permissions click, change all of them from custom to allow,click menu then save, now reboot either by battery pull or by Quick pull. That should do the trick.If not then you need to go to security in the options and disable the firewall function.I think I covered it all. Speak up anyone if I missed something.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Pearloid no está en línea Stack level 2
    All the permissions are set to allow and it still wouldn't work. I tried to disable the firewall and that let it go through. but, i dont like the idea of not having a firewall...

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearloid View Post
    All the permissions are set to allow and it still wouldn't work. I tried to disable the firewall and that let it go through. but, i dont like the idea of not having a firewall...
    I felt the same way at first until I heard about the hackers contest about breaking into data phones,and not one contestant being able to do it.The firewall in my opinion was designed to attract the paranoid companies for business uses.I don't believe we are at the point where it is either needed or usefull yet.But this is just an opinion and I welcome any new news on this topic.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by bill16; 04-04-2009 at 05:56 PM.