I have a new BB Pearl. It worked fine the first week or so but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Splish no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question It deletes all my messages...

Advertisement

I have a new BB Pearl. It worked fine the first week or so but lately it has been deleting all my messages and incoming calls. I read my txt msgs and emails, and then leave them there. After a few hours of sitting untouched it deletes all my messages. This started happening a few days ago. It also deletes some of the messages before I even get them. Its not only the messages though, it also deletes the incoming and outgoing call memory.

Can anyone help me with this. Is this a software glitch or did I do this in the settings somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

LinkinX no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: It deletes all my messages...

You are short on memory- it deletes things that it can get rid of to make room.... try not storing songs or pic's on your phone memory, or maybe let programs.... should fix it....

LinkinX no está en línea Stack level 2

Also can be running to many applications, you have to close them- not just hide them..... Try a battery pull-

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Splish, try reading the info in this thread, it should prove useful in helping you solve your problem; How To: Stop Disappearing SMS/MMS/E-mail/Call Logs

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Quote Originally Posted by XLiMBS
    Splish, try reading the info in this thread, it should prove useful in helping you solve your problem; How To: Stop Disappearing SMS/MMS/E-mail/Call Logs

Sorry about that, here's the link

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/22541-how_stop_disappearing_sms_mms_e-mail.html

PIN/ID
    20F3D846

So, I guess the links aren't working, so just go ahead and paste that into your browser's address bar.

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

I had the same problem and the battery pull did the trick.

My only complaint is having to get the battery cover off. It's a pain sometimes but there's nothing you can really do about it. So yeah, do the battery pull. It works nicely.

Or, there's a program out there called SoftReset. I started using it and it works well too. Here is where you can find it and "ColorPearl" which would allow you to change the color of the trackball itself. It's kinda nice just to customize it that way.