So this is starting to piss off my friends, family, and people just trying to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Cox1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FA2726

Issues with vibrate... etc

Advertisement

So this is starting to piss off my friends, family, and people just trying to contact me. I like to keep my phone on vibrate. I just got this 8110 a month ago and it came with the leather case and everything. If I leave it in the case or level on a desk for more then a minute I will not get a vibrate on a phone call, sms, or mms.

For me to get it to vibrate I need to have it out of the case and basically lit up to get it to vibrate.

Whats the deal? I think it must be in some sleep mode that conserves power? It will flash red with I get a text or email regardless. It just will not vibrate.

All my settings under Vibrate are set to Vibrate 3 times etc etc. Is there something in the settings folder I need to change?

thanks

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Check and see if your vibrate profile, has a holster mode, and what the settings are, Go to profiles = advanced and check out the settings. Depending on your case, it may have a magnetic strip in it that it knows when it is in the case, and use holdstered settings.

To fix just make the settings for the holster the same as out of holster
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

flyychik05 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It sounds like you might need to change your "In Holster" settings under your profiles. For your settings under Vibrate, there are 2 sections: In Holster and Out of Holster. You can change these settings so that your phone acts differently when it is in/out of your holster. Change this and see if that works.

PIN/ID
    23FA2726
    Thats what I was saying. The settings for the In holster and Out of Holster are set correctly!

I really dont know what to do...

Anyone know what the
    "Use Active Profile Except For:
    X Important Calls"

and

Do Not Disturb does? DND is set to No atm

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I have set mine for my wife, my kids, and my job, and best friend, to important, meaning that even if you have your phone on quiet if they call you, it will still go through.

And since you already know about holster settings, not sure where to go from there, just make sure you have vibe turned on, and you have it vibe more than once.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    23FA2726
    ahh ok. Well I turned the settings to vib and ring and then back. Seems to have reset it. I hope it goes back to normal