Hey I don't know if anyone else has these issues with the Pearl? I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3

Issues with the Browser.....

Advertisement

Hey I don't know if anyone else has these issues with the Pearl? I have the 8310 from Telus.

When I go into the browser even though I have 3-4 bars of 1XEV all in caps it will not connect at all! It endes up giving me a communication error message saying if it keeps up to call customer care, I have called Telus's DNA department like 4 times and nothing works....

I have cleared the cashe and all the basic troubleshooting, I have deleted all the service books and re-sent them.....it is really frustrating because sometimes it will work great and other times it won't work at all and I mean I have 1XEV all in caps with 3-4 bars, I mean I should be getting the data to the phone......

Any suggestions anyone?

LunkHead no está en línea Device Pro
    Is email also effected or just the browser?

Kris

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Email comes through delayed. But most of the time it will get there

steveh552 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had a similar problem with my Sprint PCS 8130 and it was making me mad. I ended up doing a software update on it and have not noticed it since.

Quote Originally Posted by icuqtpie View Post

Email comes through delayed. But most of the time it will get there
    What do you mean by delayed? BIS can take up to 15 minutes to arrive as this is normal..

I am on AllTel and when connecting to a Sprint tower I have the same issue on both my 8330 and 8130.. I have tried everything known to mankind to solve it but the only thing that works is a backup of the device and a wipe.

Kris

I know it is not instant the emails I am talking hours sometimes they come through sometimes they do not and sometimes the browser will work sometimes it won't like right now it is and it has the exact same signal it does when it fails it is just weird

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have been having the same problem. More so recently. I resent my books about 50 times (ok, so I exaggerate a little). I have noticed that after I do a soft reset or battery pull that I get a lot of e-mails all at once. Also having the same issue as you with browser. Sometimes closing it and going back seems to help it. What OS are you running? 4.5.066 here. Going to downgrade here in a minute so I can push for a trade in because of other phone issue (not being able to hear caller, them not being able to hear me). Will let you know how that works.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Some days I get that frequently when I browse on my phone (Tmo/EDGE), somedays it works fine. I assume the networks or towers are just busy, I usually just keep hitting the button until the request goes through. I don't think there's anything that really can be done about it, unless that is all you get when you browse, I'd call CC. Maybe you got a defective phone or something.

I am running 4.3 OS as of right now. Last night was the icing on the cake had full signal 1XEV all in caps and couldn't get into the browser at all kept getting a "Communication Failure" message so I called the DNA department at Telus and they said oh you must not have a signal on your phone! I totally did!!!! Couldn't get a better signal if I tried! Lol I am frustrated this is the 3rd pearl I have had since I decided to upgrade to a BB. Yeah I love it, but I want to have my browsing capabilities more than once or twice a day. I know cell phones don't work all the time I don't expect them to! I am a tech support rep for a cell company. I have lots of patience however my patience are running thin with this BB!!

Try this and see if it solves the issues..

1. Back up the device using Desktop manager
    2. Go to Options >> Security Options >> General Settings and then hit the menu key and select Wipe HandHeld
    3. Follow the instructions
    4. Once it reboots, restore the backup you made in step 1

*If* the browser is not there after doing the above steps then follow this to get it back:

1. Go to Options >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing Table
    2. Hit the menu button and select Register Now

Good luck and report back!!!!

Kris

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been getting the same thing intermittently on my 8130 with Telus. It goes away eventually, sometimes after a battery pull.

I did this already it fixed the issue for a day or two then it goes back to the same thing. I have just tried it again however and it seems to be working a bit better for now like before when I did this step.
    (however this I bet will revert back to not working and giving me the communication failure error again in a couple days!)

Quote Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
    Try this and see if it solves the issues..

1. Back up the device using Desktop manager
    2. Go to Options >> Security Options >> General Settings and then hit the menu key and select Wipe HandHeld
    3. Follow the instructions
    4. Once it reboots, restore the backup you made in step 1

*If* the browser is not there after doing the above steps then follow this to get it back:

1. Go to Options >> Advanced Options >> Host Routing Table
    2. Hit the menu button and select Register Now

Good luck and report back!!!!

Kris

With my browser I can't get into it or I have to try 6+ times to get into it and emails I have to do a hard reset to get them to come through if someone let's me know they emailed me! I am getting so sick of the crap with this phone!!

Quote Originally Posted by jr! View Post
    I've been getting the same thing intermittently on my 8130 with Telus. It goes away eventually, sometimes after a battery pull.