Hey everyone, For roughly the last week or so, on my tmo 8100, I've been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tw1xy no está en línea Stack level 1

Issues with Signal Coverage/Sms sending and recieving

Advertisement

Hey everyone,
    For roughly the last week or so, on my tmo 8100, I've been running into problems with sending and receiving texts. My Phone will say that it's in gsm coverage w/full bars, but come up with a "protocol error". I've tried reinstalling the os a few times, and I went down from 4.5 to 4.2. The weird thing is it's speratic. It will work for roughly 5 minutes than go back to not working at all. I've tried to re-register with the host routing tables, nothing. Also tried re-sending the service books.

Say i'm sending a text, the blue arrow in the upper right will be small but flicker on and off. Not the regular size arrow that they normally are.

If any of you need anymore information please let me know.

Thanks Guys,

Nate

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Have you tried calling T-Mobile and asking them if they are having any type of signal outages in your area?

This happened to me once for about 24 hours and it drove me insane so I got in the car and took a ride and I got about a mile down the road and the trouble stopped and I had signal again.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it sounds like ur sim card may be damaged.. I've been running into a few of those lately this week and a new sim card seemed to resolve the issue.

Yeah, coverage is fine. I put a new sim card in. It seems to happen less frequently, but still some issues. Its awful cause my 2 year is done in Jan so I've got a few months before I can upgrade.
    Thanx for your help guys. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you tried updating the Operating system for your device and see if that improves your signal issues?

Yeah, I was using the 4.5 .55. Than dropped down to the official 4.2 from tmo and still the same thing. So far tonight its been fine. If I do a hard reset it seems to fix the solution for a little while. I'd rather not do that everytime but it might be my only solution to this problem. I had some water damage on my phone about a year ago, but nothingn came of that. Trying to get help with a phone with water damage is like trying to pull teeth.
    BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I did have this problem twice in the last few days -- EDGE dropping to GSM and staying that way for hours. Both times I called T-Mobile and found out the problem was on their side. Before worrying, or expending effort to fix the problem from your side, do make the call.

(Yes, I know... I hate the automated voice-recognition front-end, and sometimes you do have to hold for quite a bit)