For some reason, everyonce in a while, my phone stops making and receiving calls. I've ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mehal88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Issues with calls

Advertisement

For some reason, everyonce in a while, my phone stops making and receiving calls. I've had the phone for about 6 or 7 weeks, and it seems like it just fails out for some reason. It was fine for the first month, and now it starts to have this problem. SMS works fine, its just the calls that don't work. Everything seems fine on the home screen, so I don't know that there's something wrong until someone tells me that my phone doesn't go through. When I try to call someone, it will say dialing, and then it will just go to the recent calls screen.

At&t live chat told me to pull the battery and then it started to work again. At&t told me 'phones are like computers, they need to be restarted everyonce in a while.' I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues or if At&t was just trying to fool me. I've never had this problem with any of my other phones in the past (mostly normal cellphones and one windows mobile), but this is my first BB so I also wasn't sure if it's something unique to RIM.

Since it's been more than 30 days, I wasn't sure if my At&t store would be open to replacing my phone or not. Do you think I should try to get RIM to replace my phone by warranty??
    Last edited by mehal88; 08-20-2007 at 03:47 AM.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Issues with calls

Welcome! i haven't heard much of anybody having that problem, mostly for dropped calls, but I can say this much a batt pull will sometimes do the trick, that i have done several times. I'm not too sure what OS your running, but mentioning that can help. There might be someone with the same problem or had that same problem - that will read this thread and hopefully answer your questions, good luck. let us know how it goes!

When I go to Options>About my version number is 4.2.196. I'm not sure if thats the OS or something else.

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you mean 2.96?

it says...v4.2.1.96 my font made it look like 196, sorry

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

hey mehal hows the situation? any better?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

lol he said "phone are LIKE computers" LMAO!...last time i checked the damn thing IS a computer! No wonder AT&T is losing it's hold as the largest cellular company...anyways if you just upgraded your OS that could be the problem...do you have other 3rd party apps installed or have you edited either you .alx file or your java loader...any and all info about your phone will help us help you better