To start, I have Verizon; I brought my Blackberry Pearl about three weeks ago and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
Issues! I need some answers ...
To start, I have Verizon; I brought my Blackberry Pearl about three weeks ago and I love it but I've been reading this forum and it seems that the reoccuring issue on here is SMS texts and call logs are disappearing out of nowhere. And yes, I've read the threads but there still seems to be no discrete answer as to why this is happening. I think throwing it off as "Blackberry is working on the issue" is unacceptable esp if they've put this product out to sell.
Anyway, last night all of my text, emails and calls disappeared and I instantly thought "oh boy, here we go" considering I had read about the issue on this forum. I had a co-worker to try and send me a text and I could see the text come in but disappear really fast. Ugh. So I called Verizon and after the technician got me to call *228 to update my phone, take out the battery and then restart it, it began to work again. Nonetheless, I'm afraid that this will happen again and it sucks b/c I don't want to take the chance and lose text or important emails. Do any of you have a better explanation as to why this is happening and a way to resolve it? I'm going by Verizon later today also. I don't want to get a new phone b/c I'm sure it isn't a phone issue. And I'm not too keen about taking my battery out and replacing it everytime this happens.
Oh, and I DON'T have a lot of things loaded on my phone so there is plenty of memory. I know it's not a memory issue.
Besides that, I have a few more questions ...
1) What exactly is an "OS" ... I notice it's brought up a lot on here. And yes, please "dumb it down" for me b/c not all of us are tech savy lol ... Is that something I should download on my phone and if so, can someone please give me the link to the VERIZON version. I don't trust downloading an Alltel version and that's all I've seen on this site. I tried downloading it from Verizon's site but it didn't work.
2) How can I get ringtones on my phone? The thing I miss most is the "Get It Now" feature that comes with basic VZW cellphones. I didn't expect for it to be this complicated for the Blackberry.
3) I absolutely HATE when I get a miss call or a new voice mail and I get an instant text reminding me of that. How do I stop that?
4) How can I separate my emails and my text messages? Is that even possible?
Thanks so much for your help!!
Hi TyRenee! Welcome to PinStack and to the land of BlackBerry! I'm going to try and answer your four questions first then we can work on the losing of texts, etc.
1. OS is Operating System. Your device comes loaded with an operating system which is all the internal applications that make the phone, e-mail, browser, etc. possible.
2. There are various sites where you can actually download ringtones over the air (OTA). I use www.tuneusin.com. You might want to get there on a PC first and look at what they have for your device, then you can go browse there from your phone and download whatever floats your boat!
3. You can stop the notification for missed calls by hitting the Green Phone button, then the BB Menu button which should be next to your trackball depending on which device you have (that information is helpful to those of us assisting you!), scroll down to Options>Call Logging and set your preferences there.
4. Go into a messages folder, push the BB menu button, scroll to Options>General Options. Scroll down to SMS and Email Inboxes and set that to separate.
Just noticed you said you have a Pearl. Sorry I missed that the first time around! You might want to take some time and fill out your profile so that info is handy.
Thanks a lot RoGro! I got the text/emails separated and stopped the missed call alerts. I'm browsing that ringtone site right now and I'll be sure to fill out my profile.
Thanks for the link cwax! I'll try downloading it again and hopefully it works this time. Should this also help with getting my blackberry desktop manager loaded on my pc and loading programs onto the phone?
I always get the error: "no additional applications designed for your device was found"
Not sure if you can get the DM (Desktop Manager) from the VZW site, but you can definitely get that directly from the BlackBerry site.
You can get the Desktop Manager here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
You must install the OS on your PC before running the Desktop Mgr
Way to be helpful guys.
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
That's why we're here, brother! To help and be helped (and maaaan, do I need help! LOL).
Originally Posted by mcm180
Tags for this Thread