Ever since installing Rogers update, I have noticed my Pearl acting funny. It has frozen ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

Question Issue with Rogers update

Advertisement

Ever since installing Rogers update, I have noticed my Pearl acting funny. It has frozen twice where I had to take the battery out to reset it. I also had to pull the battery out after the phone application would not load.

After uninstalling some 3rd party applications, to see if that helped it out, I now found that the Calendar list in the BB Dimension Today Plus theme stopped showing the time for the current days appts. Only the day. Previously it showed the time for appts happening the current day.

Anyway, another battery pull out solved the problem. But only 3 days with the Rogers update, and 3 battery pull outs.

Not sure if anyone else if having any issues. Please let me know.

Maybe I will just jump to the cingular update, if that is not causing issues for anyone.

The reason I went RIM over Windows device is stability. I am starting to wonder if RIMs new Pearl is just as unstable as Windows portable devices.

Allan

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

Re: Issue with Rogers update

I also notice another wierd thing, when in calendar, if you open an appointment and then click on the pearl to close or save it. The top choice on the menu is test item. I do not remember this being there before. I tried selecting it but it does nothing. It is kind of like the programmers forgot to remove a test button before releasing the update.

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Re: Issue with Rogers update

Quote Originally Posted by starwatcher
    I also notice another wierd thing, when in calendar, if you open an appointment and then click on the pearl to close or save it. The top choice on the menu is test item. I do not remember this being there before. I tried selecting it but it does nothing. It is kind of like the programmers forgot to remove a test button before releasing the update.
    just to let you know that Rogers hasn't tested the the v4.2.0.79 that was released by blackberry 4 days ago, in fact if you go on the weblink now you will see that they have removed the v4.2.0.79 and replaced it with v4..2.0.66

I'm with Rogers but I decided to upgrade to the v4.2.0.71 that was recently released by Cingular. works perfect

Remember to back up your data first and delete the vendor.xml file before you launch you DM.