My co-worker's 8100 seems to be set up properly. He has assigned categories for Business, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

trollicus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2463D44A

Issue with categories on 8100

Advertisement

My co-worker's 8100 seems to be set up properly. He has assigned categories for Business, Friends and Family. Each one is supplied with a different ringtone that came with the phone.

The active profile is setup so that the default Cingular tone rings unless there is an exception - which each of the categories has and is also enabled.

However, when I try to call his phone to test it, instead of playing the specified category's ringer, it plays the default profile one as if the exception is not active.

Any ideas?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Issue with categories on 8100

I don't believe that an exception can be set for all the contacts in a specific category. I think he will need to Add each contact to the exception for that category. How did he create the exceptions for the categories? I don't have any option to set a category for the exception.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i seem to have the same problem. I can assign ring tones to whom ever I want but when my wife calls me it rings the "default" ring tone as if I haven't made any exceptions for that specific contact. I have tried deleting the exception and recreating it but it was all in vein. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

trollicus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2463D44A

If he was still in the office now I would gladly take a look at his phone.

As far as the exception for the category - I saw each of his categories listing each person in that said category under the exceptions list.

I've also tried setting up individual exceptions for him but to no avail.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

So apparently he did add them individually. That being said, I too have had problems with exceptions on my Pearl. Sometimes they work, then the next time they don't. Haven't had time to look into it yet. Maybe tomorrow, if I remember.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles