I have had my pearl now for about a year and love it. I ran ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spankey no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a way to disable the rollerball emergency call option?

Advertisement

I have had my pearl now for about a year and love it. I ran into an issue the other day that I was afraid would happen. While at work I had the phone in my front pocket. I must have moved the wrong way and the roller ball got pushed and it chose to make an emergency call while being locked. Sure enough after 911 hanging up and calling back I was so embarrassed. They were cool about it but is there a way to disable the emergency call feature while the phone is locked via by pushing the track ball?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I just don't want this to ever happen again!!!!!

Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    There is no way to disable that feature. The best thing to do is to use the standby mode. Hold down the mute button on the top.

spankey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sweet! That will do it! I will not only lock it but then place it in standby! Thanks a million!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes. After locking your phone make it go on stand my mode.. Specially if you put your phone in your pocket... You don't want to type your password wrong to many times either.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

punksmama no está en línea Stack level 1
    happens to me all the time too thats a really good idea thanks for the advice!