Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specifically, I am asking those that were NOT experienceing .103 major issues and upgraded to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bb8100tmo no está en línea Stack level 1

Is upgrading to .107 from .103 worth it? If so, why or why not?

Advertisement

Specifically, I am asking those that were NOT experienceing .103 major issues and upgraded to .107. My apologies for the bandwidth consumption but, for the first time ever, I have concerns about upgrading my BB and would rather stay at .103, all things being equal.

Thanks!

Kaie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

Re: Is upgrading to .107 from .103 worth it? If so, why or why not?

well i actually went from .64 or something cause i never seen a .103 tell i came here ....

but it seems to run smooth, i havent ecountered any issues at all.... theres also a rumor about it freeing up more space ... like 4-5megs im thinking.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes...107 increases available memory...mine jumped about 6mb...this was to help prevent missing call logs and messages deleting

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

I have never had problems with my phone period. I upgraded the os when .103 came out and I noticed a small change here and there, but not significant. After reading posts by others who upgraded to .107, I decided to go ahead and upgrade again. I still have no complaints or problems with my phone. There are really no differences between the .103 and .107--it was mostly to address issues with those people who had problems with multitap, sms, etc. I have not read about major problems with the newest os but perhaps those people who have a lot of apps running on their phone will continue to have problems no matter what os comes out?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I upgraded from the Czech 1.103 version to 1.107 just did it for the bug fixes. I didn't have any issues with the 1.103 version but I like to be up to date since it will save on headaches later on usually. That's just me though.

Kaie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

ya ... reddog im an update freak... every prodict on my computer is either autoupdate or i check like once a week.

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

The one thing I do notice is that I now have four pages of symbols where I used to have just two. Unfortunately navigating between them is painfully slow.

mbusaboi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FF4F8A

This version is substantially more stable and quicker. The radio frequencies with TMO USA were updated in this version as well as improving overall spectrum coverage (ie roaming on other towers). .103 had too many bugs in it while I was using it. For example when playing music through the media player and receiving a call, my screen froze up and I had to do a battery pull. So i HIGHLY recommend using the 4.2.1.107 version and then upgrading to OS 4.3 later this fall/winter.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't have 4 pages of symbols...I did delete all languages except for English...but even before then I didn't have 4

aaronb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D4295

yeah I only have two pages of symbols

mlin13 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by madetosink
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't have 4 pages of symbols...I did delete all languages except for English...but even before then I didn't have 4
    I've only had 2 pages before also...But I did notice on .107 that it is very slow.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by mlin13
    I've only had 2 pages before also...But I did notice on .107 that it is very slow.
    Any time you do an OS upgrade, the first time you run anything after that, the phone has to "relearn" the app. So it always runs slower initially. Based on the speed upgrade from .94 to .101, I can't believe that .107 would be slower than .64 (assuming thats what you were running, like most other T-Mo users that never upgraded)
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

mlin13 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Any time you do an OS upgrade, the first time you run anything after that, the phone has to "relearn" the app. So it always runs slower initially. Based on the speed upgrade from .94 to .101, I can't believe that .107 would be slower than .64 (assuming thats what you were running, like most other T-Mo users that never upgraded)
    That's good to know. Thanks. Hopefully my BB learns fast! haha

Firehawk1227 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey buddy, I have .107 and encountered an issue that has me going nuts. I text message with my phone via Jivetalk($30). I've always been a multitap user since '03 and have gotten use to it. Well, there seems to bug with multitapping where when you try to hit "r", it would sometimes come out as "ee". I'm still waiting for a update to fix this issue and if anyone knows a solution, please PM me. I havent noticed this problem using Suretype, so if you use Suretype, you should be alright. Other then that, everything else seems to work nicely. Call and internet w/ TMO seems to have gotten better as well.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Can someone tell me if there was a "Saved Messages" icon and a "Compose" icon on the Home Page in previous OS's? I don't remember seeing them.

I upgraded today from OS 103 to 107, and my available memory went from 12+ MB to 17.6 + MB, and this is after using the Pearl for a while. If I reset it, it'll go to 20+ MB, so it's quite a jump! Extra storage space always welcome!

With OS .103, two or three times during the week I was using it, when I removed my Pearl from it's case (sleep mode enabled), it crashed and reset itself. Also, it seemed that most times when I took it out of the case, it would show me the hour glass, which I never saw in previous OS's (.64 and .103)

Anyone else experiense a soft reset with OS 103?

So far, after about six hours, OS .107 seems to be working great. Haven't verified, but someone said Media Player now recognizes WMA, which would be great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast