Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i found out how to enable seeing them on my messages list, but is there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

is there an easy way to manage sent messages?

Advertisement

i found out how to enable seeing them on my messages list, but is there a way i can see ONLY sent messages? i'd like to delete most previously sent messages.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: is there an easy way to manage sent messages?

you mean only see sent ALL the time? if so i dont think so but i could be wrong. looking at the options it doesnt show that option as fas as i can tell
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

not all the time.. but if there's a view where i can manage ONLY sent messages... because right now i'm scrolling through both incoming and outgoing messages and deleting. if i could view ONLY sent messages, i'd be able to use "delete prior"

edit: i'm starting to use the SEARCH function to mass delete emails to a single recipient (such as my flickr)... but it's a pain going thru the rest
    Last edited by anfrey; 06-28-2007 at 01:34 AM.

yungcaly no está en línea Stack level 1

yea you just open the message folder. press the menu key, scroll all the way down to view folder and it will give you a list of all the folders and you just choose sms outbox and it will show all of your sent messages.

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by yungcaly
    yea you just open the message folder. press the menu key, scroll all the way down to view folder and it will give you a list of all the folders and you just choose sms outbox and it will show all of your sent messages.
    thanks, but i'm looking for my email outbox.. not my sms outbox

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

I don't think there is a way to view only the sent emails.... I know you can delete all the messages and then go into your mailbox on the computer and then mark an email from your inbox as unread and it will resend to your phone like you never got it... That's about the best I can do for ya... Sorry... If you find out something else though let me know
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

you can hide sent messages and then go to view folder>sms outbox> and delete from time to time. I think that will be the easiest thing for you.
    ~Erich~

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

thanks for all the suggestions everyone! i really appreciate it.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

sure thing, glad to help :-)
    ~Erich~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    i found out how to enable seeing them on my messages list, but is there a way i can see ONLY sent messages? i'd like to delete most previously sent messages.
    I think what you want to do is to create a saved search and assign it to an [Alt] key combination.

Go into Messages, hit the Menu button and select Search.

The one thing you want to set in the search is in the Show: line - hit the space bar until it's set to Sent Only. You can also filter by account or however else you want.

Once you've set up the search, hit the Menu button and select Save. Give it a Title like senT (this will appear at the top of the screen when you use it), and assign an [Alt] key for it. S is pre-defined for SMS Messages, so I use T.

The search will now execute. However, now whenever you're in the Messages List, hitting [Alt]T will execute the saved search and display just your sent items. Once they're displayed, if you use Delete Prior, only the messages displayed (your Sent messages) will be deleted.
    JerryD

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Great tip jdellasala. Very useful!

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    I think what you want to do is to create a saved search and assign it to an [Alt] key combination.

The one thing you want to set in the search is in the Show: line - hit the space bar until it's set to Sent Only. You can also filter by account or however else you want.

Once you've set up the search, hit the Menu button and select Save. Give it a Title like senT (this will appear at the top of the screen when you use it), and assign an [Alt] key for it. S is pre-defined for SMS Messages, so I use T.

The search will now execute. However, now whenever you're in the Messages List, hitting [Alt]T will execute the saved search and display just your sent items. Once they're displayed, if you use Delete Prior, only the messages displayed (your Sent messages) will be deleted.
    incredible!! thank you so much! this works like a charm
    Last edited by anfrey; 06-28-2007 at 03:35 PM.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Alt-O does this on every BB out-of-the-box. It does include PIN's and SMS but all Outgoing.

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Alt-O does this on every BB out-of-the-box. It does include PIN's and SMS but all Outgoing.
    the bb 8100 shares the O key with the P key... alt-o/p resulst in phone calls being displayed

rjmoose no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala

That's awesome!!!!! Now, how do you go back and edit a saved search?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast