I've serched all the help menus on the 8100 and nothing...I'm wondering about customizing alerts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

is there any way to customize alerts?

Advertisement

I've serched all the help menus on the 8100 and nothing...I'm wondering about customizing alerts aside from changing the led colors meaning if i dounload sound effects into it is there anyway that i can distribute them to my alerts like when receiving a text message? So far any tones i download can only be used for setting ringtones.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I you are looking to set a tone for all incoming sms you can go to Profiles>Advanced>Active Profile>SMS Text>and there you can change your tone, volume level, vibrations, etc.

If you are looking to assign certain sounds to certain callers then check out the link below:

Try this new thread from LaTuFu, it tells how to set up specific tones for messages from specific contacts:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._contacts.html

EDIT: you can also change the alert noises for emails, calendar, tasks and more just choose those items when editing the active profile.
    Last edited by azstar; 03-20-2008 at 02:52 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Have you tried changing the sounds of your alerts by going to your "Profile" and menu and selecting edit to change the sound of your alerts?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    That did it; thanks you guys....good looking out on that link also; didn't know i can do that (even though i don't need to) but it's good to know....you would think that simple things as that would be in the blackberry's own help menus relating to each app.....

on a sidenote, i've noticed in some of the menus it has an option for in holdster/out of holdster...i always thought a holdster is somekind of "pocket" for your device such as a gun holdster. what exactly is this option for blackberry's? i've neglected to turn it on/off for fear it may disable something and i wouldn't know what.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Holdster is simply the carrying case that you carry your bb (clip onto your belt) with. I have my profile option set so that my bb vibrates before it does an audio alert just in case I happen to be in a noisy environment so I will know right away (feel and hear)about an email or anything else. It just depends on what you personally want.

mcativa no está en línea Stack level 1
    And how the BB knows is in the Holster? Any Sensor? Works with any holster?

hawkfan1361 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mcativa View Post
    And how the BB knows is in the Holster? Any Sensor? Works with any holster?
    Well it wouldn't work with just any holster. You need a holster that "knows" what your BB is. There is some sort of sensor. I'm not sure if it's electronic or magnetic or what, but it knows when your phone is in there and when it isn't. I don't have a holster, because I think my pocket works just fine for carrying my phone, lol.

Then again, it'd be cool to not have to change profiles when I'm at work. I could just put it in my holster and it would know to be quiet and behave itself... Hmm, I think I'm going to go buy one now. Gosh, talk about lazy. I'm so lazy, I can't switch profiles twice a day... Maybe I won't get one. He he he.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    That's exactly it. The BB OEM holster has a magnet in the clasp. Not only does the keypad lock when you put it in but it also sets the phone to whatever the holster settings are in the profile that's active

~via BB: 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~