I bought my 8100 off E-bay and the camera has never taken clear pics. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

matthewmorhart no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Is there any way to fix a blurry camera?

Advertisement

I bought my 8100 off E-bay and the camera has never taken clear pics. The pics are always so blurry you can't distinguish anything. Do I need to replace the hardware (if so where do I buy it) or does anyone know if I can delete the camera in the Applications option and if my Pearl will automatically reinstall it (like plug and play on a computer)? any help would be appreciated.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Is there any way to fix a blurry camera?

I know this may seem elementary, but have you tried to clean it?

If not, get one of the lens cloths that are made for cameras. There are also the sprays that you can spray onto the clothe before trying to clean. This may save you from having to spend $$ on the new camera.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    My guess is the lense inside of the camera became jarred loose due to dropping the phone. When I worked for cingular, they had a display pearl with a blurry camera, and I tried to clean it with no success. I would call your provider and see if you can try to get a replacement...just don't tell them you got it off ebay...

royeiror no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208C2087
    or if you're the DIY type you might want to venture into opening it up and diagnose the problem directly... i think there's a complete guide on opening up a BB

matthewmorhart no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the tips, where do I find the complete guide on opening up my BB?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i know there is a how to on YouTube but do so at your own risk...I cannot find a link anywhere but if you feel comfortable doing it...go for it