Hey, I was just reading some threads and noticed some members mentioning a software update. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cotz no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there a software update?

Advertisement

Hey,

I was just reading some threads and noticed some members mentioning a software update.

Has there been one and if so, where can I get it.

Mind you im with rogers.

Thanks

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Is there a software update?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) I have downloaded a software update from blackberry through my wireless provider sprint

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) I have downloaded a software update from blackberry through my wireless provider sprint
    I think that was in the wrong section, using a Blackberry 8100 is not an option with Sprint or any CDMA carrier currently..........

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you're with Rogers, currently there is only one supported OS version, and that came pre-installed on your Pearl, 4.2.0.51.

It is NOT recommended to change the OS to a version which is not supported by your carrier because: #1 - they will likely refuse technical support if you encounter problems with an OS build they do not endorse / support, #2 - you may even void your carrier warranty of your device, depending upon your contract agreement.

Unless you are above average in competence with technology and tinkering/hacking/modifying, and you won't mind if your device DOES NOT work, then go ahead and put any OS on it. But I stand by my recommendation to not change the OS.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you're with Rogers, currently there is only one supported OS version, and that came pre-installed on your Pearl, 4.2.0.51.

It is NOT recommended to change the OS to a version which is not supported by your carrier because: #1 - they will likely refuse technical support if you encounter problems with an OS build they do not endorse / support, #2 - you may even void your carrier warranty of your device, depending upon your contract agreement.

Unless you are above average in competence with technology and tinkering/hacking/modifying, and you won't mind if your device DOES NOT work, then go ahead and put any OS on it. But I stand by my recommendation to not change the OS.
    Wouldnt it be the same way if the Os was supported and he had to load it onto his phone.... I thought all Os releases are actual tested working improvments from the previous....

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

Tmobiles pre-installed OS is 4.2.0.42 Ill just wait til Tmobile Releases a newer one before i try to mess around with mine. Whic carrier has .51?

Thirstee no está en línea Stack level 2

Theres even a .64 release for Europe thats floating on the forums.