Is there a list somewhere defining what each module is for and whether it's safe ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pljansma no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Is there a modules list?

Advertisement

Is there a list somewhere defining what each module is for and whether it's safe to delete it? I have 245 modules in my Pearl 8130 and only 18 mb free memory. I have very few apps installed and I have deleted the preloaded ringtones and pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Is there a modules list?

Ok pljansma. Got to Options, then Advanced Options, then Applications, then select your menu key and select Modules.
    Let me know if this helped out any.

pljansma no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Is there a modules list?

EB, thank you for responding. I know how to find the modules, I am looking for a list to describe what function each module is for and if it is safe to delete. There are so many and it doesn't define what they are for.

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

As a rule, I would avoid the net_rim ones (Research In Motion). The others are somewhat identified by the letters in their names and the letters usually resemble the application its associated with (i.e. PocketDay = pd_util).
    I understand your caution, though.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by pljansma View Post
    Is there a list somewhere defining what each module is for and whether it's safe to delete it? I have 245 modules in my Pearl 8130 and only 18 mb free memory. I have very few apps installed and I have deleted the preloaded ringtones and pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1. Search "vad" within java folder and delete all of them IF you don't use voice activated dailing (vad) feature.

2. Search "ptt" within java fold and delete all of them IF you don't use PTT feature

3. Search "five" within java folder and delete all of them IF you are not with tmobile or don't use myfave

4. Search "theme" within java folder and delete any theme file you don't want

5. Search "cde" within java folder and delete the file IF you don't use PTT

You should have freed up a lot of memory here. If you have to know what module is and what they are for, use microsoft xml notepad 2007 to view a file named something like "packagXXX" located within the same folder that contains blackberry.xml and lbs.xml.