I've only had my pearl for a few days but I am really struggling with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

perfect777 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a better alarm out there?

Advertisement

I've only had my pearl for a few days but I am really struggling with the alarm. I use my cell phone to wake me up. And, like most, on previous cell phones I would set them at various intervals throughout the day to remind me of important events.

I believe the calender can be used this way but I don't want to have to enter something in for everyday. I'm a college student and I know my schedule won't really change week-by-week. I checked the downloads section and didn't see any apps at all that had to do with alarms. Any suggestions?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Is there a better alarm out there?

Yea, dfc420 has got you covered. That's the only decent alarm app out there. It works great. Just it's not cheap! I used it until my trial ran out. I kinda miss it.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

oh i don't even want to start on Mobylos evil alarm.
    Its a nice 'little' app, but nice 'little' apps shouldn't be $30
    just my opinion

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

J, I agree...You might as well by a cheap mobile and use it for an alarm. If I had my old phone I could just use that! LOL! Or you can just by an new alarm clock!!! Stupid I know!

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~look into a third party app called MuliAlarm, it will suit your needs. Available on Handango website.

Angie

swellest no está en línea Stack level 1

Why don't you set recurring events in your calendar with a reminder? If you go to the gym or have a study group every day, or every MWF at 5pm, plug it into your calendar once, on that repeating schedule. You don't have to set it for every individual day on which it occurs.

thanks, maybe I do need to learn how to use the features of the calendar. The only problem is that I wanted my calendar alerts to stay as one style and use my alarm tone for my alarms. I'm new to BB's so I guess I have some learning to do.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by swellest
    Why don't you set recurring events in your calendar with a reminder? If you go to the gym or have a study group every day, or every MWF at 5pm, plug it into your calendar once, on that repeating schedule. You don't have to set it for every individual day on which it occurs.
    This is exactly what I do. I am also a student, and use my phone to wake me up in the morning. I set my alarms once as calendar events and set it for MWF or TR - whatever days I need. I also like to snooze, so since the calendar doesn't have this feature (and so I won't just turn the alarm off), I set alarms every 10 minutes for a half hour or so. I use the "ringer_tinkerbell" which is so loud and annoying that I never sleep through the alarm.

You can also set all of the alarms you want through the calendar in outlook and just sync it, which might be easier.

This system works perfect for me. I like how I don't have to set 7 alarms the night before, I can just set it once and know its going to go off. $30 seems kind of steep for something I can accomplish my adapting the apps I already have.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

I concurr with terischon. With a little work you. Can rig your calender to go off numerous times everyday at the same time and different times . I rely heavily on the calender Don't forget about the ability use your tasks as a third backup "alarm" if you like. Also with a daily occurence
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

OK, i tried to use my calendar as an alarm but it didn't produce any sound. What am I doing wrong? I set the date and time correct, gave it a name. But no sound?

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by perfect777
    OK, i tried to use my calendar as an alarm but it didn't produce any sound. What am I doing wrong? I set the date and time correct, gave it a name. But no sound?
    Same here. I only get the flashing red LED. Can't seem to find the alarm sound option anywhere.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Check the active profile and make sure that your Calendar alert is not set to none and/or Mute.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~