Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I don't have a data plan. Don't need it, don't want it (for now) w/o ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Is the Data Plan worth it?

Advertisement

I don't have a data plan. Don't need it, don't want it (for now)

w/o a data plan you still have one heck of a good phone.

for me, Rogers prices for data are a rip off and I can't justify it. and I don't need that functionality. My pearl is for personal use, if someone wants to reach me they can txt or call me. People in my group of friends are not tech savy anyways, so I have no audience to email at 2am while I am in my car. I also know where I am going, so I don't need maps or that other crap.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

easy analogy... would you buy a ferrari and tell them to leave out fifth gear? NO. just my two cents.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

if you need to be contacted any other way besides phone, you can be reached with a blackberry. all the instant messengers, sms, voicenotes, blackberry messenger, and of course email. hell even myspace and facebook. people who have blackberries like to be connected, do you?

deepdish no está en línea Stack level 6

Can I ask what are the reasons you bought the blackberry?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~he already said it was the best phone he could get for free...why not get the bb?

miketl no está en línea Stack level 2

wow $20 a month sounds sweet.. im with rogers (in Canada) and our data plans are horrible. no such things as "unlimited" here is an example of a plan

$45 1 MB* (BlackBerry Internet Server (BIS) only ) 150 Weekday Minutes
    Unlimited Evenings & Week-ends (9PM-7AM)
    Unlimited Incoming Minutes 30˘/minute
    $10/MB 10 to 15 e-mails per day

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by miketl
    wow $20 a month sounds sweet.. im with rogers (in Canada) and our data plans are horrible. no such things as "unlimited" here is an example of a plan

$45 1 MB* (BlackBerry Internet Server (BIS) only ) 150 Weekday Minutes
    Unlimited Evenings & Week-ends (9PM-7AM)
    Unlimited Incoming Minutes 30˘/minute
    $10/MB 10 to 15 e-mails per day
    Wow glad i'm not in canada, I'd have to sell my wife and kid to afford the BB. Wife might not be a problem but i would have to think about the kid.

miketl no está en línea Stack level 2

ya well i hope some day it will be more affordable. doesnt make much sence to be more expensive then my home internet lol

raje311 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    1) Access to email, internet, search features without having to be tied to a PC.

2) BlackBerry Messenger, JiveTalk, Yahoo and Google Talk messengers (These use data and not text which can save you money on texting overage charges per month).

3) Download themes, ringtones, wallpaper over the air.

In my opinion it is the best feature of the BlackBerry. Without it I would have a phone that only sends text messages.
    you said bb messenger use data not text.. but tmo said bb messenger use text..can you reconfirm that it use data as I like to use bb messenger instead of jivetalk ..
    thanks

tj2311111 Guest

I didnt have a data plan the first month I got my BB, didnt know what the hell it was. Man did I regret that. Next month I made sure the data plan was activated and never looked back. Data plan opens up a whole new world to you with the BB. And I pay 20 extra per month through Tmobile not bad. A BB is not worth it without a data plan IMO.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Wow glad i'm not in canada, I'd have to sell my wife and kid to afford the BB. Wife might not be a problem but i would have to think about the kid.

ohohohohohoooo amen brother
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ The BB was originally developed as a data device. Not a phone. The phone is a completely secondary function.

That being said. Having a BB without BIS is like a Shelby Mustang with bicycle tires.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by raje311
    you said bb messenger use data not text.. but tmo said bb messenger use text..can you reconfirm that it use data as I like to use bb messenger instead of jivetalk ..
    thanks
    Both BB Messenger and JiveTalk use data. I ran up a $900 bill from texting over my limit as each message at the time was .10 over my limit. No overage charges with data.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I am going to agree with some of the latest posts; it's up to the individual. We all know what a BB is capable of, but some people need all that technology and some don't. One of the reasons I love the Pearl so much is that it can do so much with the data plan AND it is a solid, well designed phone. I can see people purchasing it cheaply and not the data plan. Good for them, they have one of the coolest phones out there. I can afford the plan and enjoy the push email, web, etc., but that doesn't mean it's necessary.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    evian water is 1.79 for 20 oz. 1 a week and that is $372.32 a year and many gladly fork that out. what's the difference?
    This is a good point. Unless you're on a very tight budget, I bet most people can find the extra cash for a data plan....if they want one. We blow money on coffee, bottled water, fast food and think nothing of it. Talk about $20 to $35 for a data plan and people cringe. It's all about priorities.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast