Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I just think we should stick to the main topic. The person that started this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Is the Data Plan worth it?

Advertisement

I just think we should stick to the main topic. The person that started this thread clearly doesn't absolutely NEED the data plan. So, lets give some information that could help .

Don't give them some crap about how their bb is useless without the data plan when, clearly, it isn't.

If a complete moron read that they might think they couldn't call someone or use the calendar to keep track of appointments or use the alarm to wake up in the morning or use the notes feature to take small notes or download vr+ and record stuff.

My point is this site is supposed to help people and you aren't helping much by saying the new phone they got is useless without a data plan.

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ we all are helping him, you could easily go buy a razr, take down memos, use your alarm clock, and record stuff. On the BB advertisements, they don't focus on using your ALARM! So all in all, you should def get the plan, its worth it!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

OMG! I am truly annoyed at all the responses of "it's worthless without the data plan"....so----you can't use the calendar, or the phone option, or the memo pad, or the media player right? That's all junk right? The only use for the phone is the data right???OMG! Get off it.

If you think you need it, get it. I have BTDT with the college thing, and to me $20 was ALOT of money! LOL! Especially because back then, McD's cheese burgers were like .69!!! LOL! $20 could feed me for a week!

Ignore the close minded people who think the world spins on their glorious data plans.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by skunk22civic
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ we all are helping him, you could easily go buy a razr, take down memos, use your alarm clock, and record stuff. On the BB advertisements, they don't focus on using your ALARM! So all in all, you should def get the plan, its worth it!
    It is definitely worth it. I'm not denying that.

But telling me that I should have gotten a RAZR is dumb. I'm glad I didn't get a RAZR. This thing is definitely better than a RAZR with or without the data plan.

If you wanted to help the person you should say something like this:

The blackberry without a data plan is about the equivelant of a RAZR when comparing features. With the data plan you will have much, much more than a RAZR.

That, my friend, is helpful.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 08-12-2007 at 07:09 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ To back up what I said earlier, currently my only internet access is going to be my BB for a few days so I wouldn't be able to post or read messages here, check my mail, or be able to chat without the data access.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Of course this really depends on what you want to/need to use the phone for. If you're not the type that likes to browse the net on your phone or download ringtones or themes from the net to your BB then you don't need the data plan.

If you like doing all the above then I'd recommend the data plan, $20 extra a month breaks down to $.67 a day. I bet if you tried you could cut $.67 a day from your expenses somewhere to allow you to afford the data plan on your budget...I mean isn't it all about necessities?? Food, clothes, blackberry and school! lol

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ close minded? The blackberry isn't called a smartphone because of the media player, alarm, memo pad! Its for the online capabilities, browser, push messages, enterprise server, most 3rd party OTA applications.. Etc.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    OMG! I am truly annoyed at all the responses of "it's worthless without the data plan"....so----you can't use the calendar, or the phone option, or the memo pad, or the media player right? That's all junk right? The only use for the phone is the data right???OMG! Get off it.

If you think you need it, get it. I have BTDT with the college thing, and to me $20 was ALOT of money! LOL! Especially because back then, McD's cheese burgers were like .69!!! LOL! $20 could feed me for a week!

Ignore the close minded people who think the world spins on their glorious data plans.
    You have to realize that the Blackberry is designed to be a "hand held computer." What is BB praised for? We all know what's it's praised for. The infamous "BB Push Email." The others are right. You don't see commercials praising the calendar or calculator! LMAO. Come on. I've got to agree. Without the data plan, you may as well tote around a RAZR. If money's that tight (nothing against that... been there; done that) then you probably shouldn't be buying a high end device to begin with. :s Am I right? I guess if you got it as a gift or something... that'd be different. All just my opinion mind you.
    Last edited by Kilted Bradley; 08-12-2007 at 07:03 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions. No need to call anybody closed minded. We all have different needs and budgets. Therefore the need for different methods of using the BB. Please respect this and let's keep this thread positive.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Kbrad and erica. I'm with you two. Do what benefits you. Its really great to have the plan you get the full experience. And if you can't affored rite now no worries you'll have some limitations on what you can do. You know. But I think everyone whould agree that it would be great to have the data plan. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

do what you wanna do, but 20 is a great deal. Its amazing how i see so many people go out to drink and smoke and do whatever kind of activities out there that costs money... yet they can't afford a data plan. Doesn't make sense.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

very touchy thread here! it definitely depends on you and your situation. for me it's nice to recieve personal and business emails in the palm of my hand, so with that said i think its worth it! 20 dollars for tmo, man ATT is 39 dollars!
    Last edited by Ranz; 08-13-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

if you get the phone for free, doesnt matter what you do with it. but if your going to spend 100 plus for a blackberry without a data plan, hey, its your money. most phones these days have the basic functions...calendar, calcualtor, alarm, notes, etc. that can be bought for cheap. TO ME, its just a waste to spend that much money on a phone and not take advantage of most of the capabilities.

nobody is trying to discourage him, these are all personal opinions. im sure no offense is meant by the respondants, they are just posting how they feel.

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

This is an interesting conversation so here is my 2 cents. The whole reason I brought the Pearl was becasue it is a reliable phone that is sturdy and wont break like a lot of flip phones. I too have thought about the data plan, but to me it is not worth it because I would only use it for directions and stuff like that. I dont think the only reason people have BB Pearls is the internet because there are other phones that can do that.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Fully Potential = Blackberry w/ BB Data plan

2/3rds Potential = Blackberry w/ the "other" Data plan (T-zones, medianet, or whatever they call it.)

Half Potential = Blackberry w/o BB Data plan

To each their own...no need to get all huffy about this subject. Different Strokes for Different Folks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast