Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I just bought a BB Pearl without the data plan because I wasn't sure if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Stunray no está en línea Stack level 2

Is the Data Plan worth it?

Advertisement

I just bought a BB Pearl without the data plan because I wasn't sure if it was really worth the 20 dollars a month. I'm a college student so money is tight, but if it is worth the twenty a month, I'll buy it. I was just wondering, in your opinion is it worth the money AND what makes it so great? Like, what are the cool features about it?

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Re: Is the Data Plan worth it?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~of course it is worth it a BB without a data plan is worthless

bacon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

$20 is a great deal for data. Verizon is around $40. It's great to search the web. You can even get opera mini and it's almost as good as a PC. If you can afford the $20 a month its worth it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

1) Access to email, internet, search features without having to be tied to a PC.

2) BlackBerry Messenger, JiveTalk, Yahoo and Google Talk messengers (These use data and not text which can save you money on texting overage charges per month).

3) Download themes, ringtones, wallpaper over the air.

In my opinion it is the best feature of the BlackBerry. Without it I would have a phone that only sends text messages.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

In my opinion, it opens up a whole lot of the phone's capabilities.

When I first got mine, I was coming over from a Razr. I didn't think it would make much difference.

I'm totally hooked now. I really like having my email delivered instantly to my phone. I have work and personal email coming in, and its nice being able to deal with something right then if I need to, or create a task reminder for it later.

I don't use the browser very much, but its definitely nice to have when I do need it.

The biggest thing I like about having the data plan is the 3rd party apps that use them. Berry411 is almost worth the price of my data plan by itself. I also like being able to use Google Maps to get directions, and Yahoo Go! is also a decent option.

JiveTalk and BerryMessenger. Both also worth the cost of the data plan by themselves.

Well worth the monthly cost, IMO. You'll get a multiple in return in terms of increased productivity.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~of course it is worth it a BB without a data plan is worthless
    Come on now. Be reasonable. Not everyone needs full access to internet and push email on their cell phone.

It just depends on what you would want or need to do. In my opinion, though, if you can afford it it will be pretty cool.

You can surf the web in an html browser, have access to OTA and WAP downloads and get email pushed directly to your phone.

If you think it is for you and you can afford it, do it.

I know I'll be getting the data plan before too long because I just got out of college and am starting my new job in a few days. I'm sure it will come in handy.
    Last edited by b_d0za; 08-12-2007 at 02:48 PM.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~psssh. Is air important? No I'm just playin. with t-mobile you only pay 20$ for data. And it will give you unlimited web and email. Or you can choose text and email. T-mobile also offers a voice add-on which is free; it gives you access to send mms and use aim and tzones.I definately recommend that data plan though. You get a great feel for the device and it allows you to download.email web browse. Banking. And keep in contact with everyone.

DrMom no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You can dump your ISP and use your BB as a standalone web browser or use it teathered to your pc as a modem. Definately faster than dial up and (my) satellite.all for $20 a month!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I personally think a BB is useless without it.

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

im on the banwaggon. if you dont have a data plan, then whats the point of havin a smartphone? might as well get an iphone...(BURN!!!) j/k. might as well get a razr

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

ummmm, yes! personally my opinion.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

The BB makes a great, expensive paperweight w/o a dataplan!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Yup, absolutely worth the 20 bucks. Personally I got dsl here, but it's so utterly unreliable that I tether most the time. Away from my desk, people can always reach me (which may or may not be a good thing in your world, but I have to get messages from school [online college], and my own business). I can always look up information which is great when my whole philosophy is that you can be the dumbest person on earth but if you can find the answer to any question within 2 minutes or so, people will think your real smart. So if someone asks something that I don't know, I tell them to give me a minute, bust out the blackberry, and provide them with answer shortly.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

I'M SORRY BUT IT IS A TELEPHONE. YOU TALK TO PEOPLE ON IT.

At least that's what I do with mine. I don't know about anybody else.

That's all I was looking for when I got mine. It was free with a 2 year contract. It was the coolest phone I could get for free and I'm glad I got it because it's a lot more fun than any of the other ones I could have gotten for free.

I'm sure there are other people that use this device as a telephone and I think it's wrong to tell people that their telephone is useless without a data plan. It's just ridiculous.

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ its not just a telephone, its a BB.. If you wanted just to talk.. You should of got a trac phone with pre paid minutes... Everyone has there own opinion, IMO .... Buying a blackberry with out the data plan, is like buying a Ferrari with a geo motor in it... Completely useless.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast