Hello, I noticed yesterday afternoon that my screen seems to have developed some unwanted horizontal ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Is something wrong with my screen?

Advertisement

Hello,
    I noticed yesterday afternoon that my screen seems to have developed some unwanted horizontal lines. I can seem them most clearly at the bottom on a darker wallpaper. I was wondering if I'm just so unobservant that I hadn't noticed them until know and that is how it is supposed to look, but I can see them in every theme, every wallpaper, font and even through the menu of the Tmo Zen theme (the actually look pinkish here). I've attached some pics for reference. I hope you can see what I'm talking about at the bottom. It's hard to see in the menu but it's there, and becomes much more pronounced when the screen is tilted
    slightly.

I don't recall doing anything at all before I noticed this.

I've pulled the battery, updgraded, downgraded, wiped, etc. I've tried it all with no luck. So....

1) Am I just noticing something that was always there and I need to ignore?
    2) Did I accidentally change some option that I'm unaware of?
    3) Is my screen hosed and I need to get a replacement under warranty?

Any comments at all are welcome. Thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    If your capturing screenshots of the problem then the issue is not your screen itself. The screenshot utilities are capturing the signal sent to the screen, not the screen itseld. If the image is flawed, you get a flawed screenshot. If the screen is cracked (just as an example) the screenshot wont show that. Does this make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by d_fisher
    If your capturing screenshots of the problem then the issue is not your screen itself. The screenshot utilities are capturing the signal sent to the screen, not the screen itseld. If the image is flawed, you get a flawed screenshot. If the screen is cracked (just as an example) the screenshot wont show that. Does this make sense?
    Yes, that makes sense. Thanks.

So, it's definitely not a problem with the screen itself as I can clearly see it in the screenshots. Any idea what may be causing this or is it just supposed to look like that?

Can somebody take a look at their theme and confirm if those lines on the bottom are there or not? Possible post a screenshot? I'd to at least know if something is actually wrong on my end. Thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    hey, those lines are there on mine too...how do you get a screenshot and i would be happy to send...

try changing the theme so that you can see what is happening. like the zen theme. you can't see it in the first home screen, because of the road. but if you click on the apps screen, you can see it down at the bottom.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks! Well I'm glad that nothing seems to be wrong with my screen.

If you'd like to take a screenshot search for jl_cmdr. Thatll do it!

Thanks.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

I have that, but I've only used it for a wipe. Thanks for the info. I've been wondering how that is done.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    It's really Simple. When you have the screen you want to capture, with the Device connected to the USB port. press 4, then type a name for the image. When you press return, it will open the file in Paint you can edit it or just save in any format supported byt Paint.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8
    There's nothing wrong with your screen. When I set the theme at the bottom there are some lines. In other themes they are not present.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

Now I'm questioning it again.

I've switched between multiple themes and am noticing that the bottom quarter of my screen looks noticeably lighter than the rest. This is especially noticeable when I have a program's menu open.

Any other comments?

YZFbossman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Standard on the home screen.

If you look there is a "box" all around the "active window" of the home screen.

This was designed in...like a shadow box.

The top the line is subtle but at the bottom it is more noticeable.

It's not present on any other apps.

Your phone is AOK