I have an 8100 and I was wondering if its possible to save maps to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

trdawe no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it possible to save maps to the phone?

Advertisement

I have an 8100 and I was wondering if its possible to save maps to the phones memory (or SD card) so I dont need to access the data network each time i wanna map something?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    You can try here: TREKBUDDY

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    oh my bad. did not know that. very good to know, thanks red.

C00kiemunstr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Another one is mobile MGmaps. I use that one and its pretty nice, can also use it with a gps.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Once setup, TrekBuddy works pretty well. As an added bonus, it saves your tracks in a normal format that is compatible with a number of programs. This is a major feature that's lacking with other GPS applications.

As an aside, I've noticed that it does drain the battery when you're saving track logs. Unfortunately, there is no way to set the interval of the track points. I really wish I could turn it down since most of the time, I'm walking and don't need track points as often as it creates them. This would also save on battery power as it would query the GPS much less often.

Overall, it's a pretty good program! For everyday navigation though, Google Maps is much easier and allows for searching and directions. TrekBuddy won't give you driving directions at all.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade