Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

like the thread title states, is it possible to disable the camera's zoom feature?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

is it possible to disable the camera's zoom feature?

Advertisement

like the thread title states, is it possible to disable the camera's zoom feature?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: is it possible to disable the camera's zoom feature?

I really don't think that's possible, but I gotta ask, why do you want to? There might be a third party camera app that might have more options

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

the reason i want to disable the zoom is because whenever a photo is shot at 3x or 5x zoom, the overall dimensions of the image decreases in size.

let's say i set the options to 640x480. photos shot at 1x will have 640x480 as its dimensions. when in 3x, the resulting image has dimensions smaller than 640x480. using 5x results in an even smaller image. i would expect that the camera would provide me with 640x480 images regardless of zoom. however, that is not the case with the pearl's camera.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

thats how the digital zoom in most camera phones work. since its digital it just enlarges the image to what you zoom into and cuts out everything else that the optical lens its actually taking a picture of.

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

and digital zoom is better done in photoshop, imho... is there any way to keep it at 1x zoom?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    the reason i want to disable the zoom is because whenever a photo is shot at 3x or 5x zoom, the overall dimensions of the image decreases in size.

let's say i set the options to 640x480. photos shot at 1x will have 640x480 as its dimensions. when in 3x, the resulting image has dimensions smaller than 640x480. using 5x results in an even smaller image. i would expect that the camera would provide me with 640x480 images regardless of zoom. however, that is not the case with the pearl's camera.
    Hmmm I never used the zoom because I thought it would take crappier pictures, but I never knew why, that sux, now I understand, sorry I can't help, I'd like to do that as well now.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

hmm... don't really understand, why not just leave it at 1x? is it auto zooming?

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

sometimes part of my hand accidentally goes over the trackball and zooms it in... i'd just like to prevent accidental zooming, because it happens to me quite often. a lot of the photos i shoot on the pearl are very spontaneous. if i'm driving and the sky is a certain lovely colour, i'll pull the pearl out and take a photo. my puppy loves to go on drives with me, and she usually does the random cute things so i try to catch that on camera as well..

pretty much, i'm trying to figure out if i can disable a function that i'd rather not have available.

toxic69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20537f3b

use the side key for taking pictures not the trackball this stops zooming by accident
    PIN ME 20537F3B

PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by toxic69
    use the side key for taking pictures not the trackball this stops zooming by accident
    i usually use it, but part of my finger usually ends up rolling over it while trying to hold the phone, especially when the screen side is facing away from me...

so, i take it there is no software solution to disable the zoom?

ryn109822 no está en línea Stack level 1

i can't get mine to zoom. it used to. now i have no idea whats wrong with it.

cldixon no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ryn109822
    i can't get mine to zoom. it used to. now i have no idea whats wrong with it.
    I have run into the same problem. If you learn how to re-enable the zoom, please let me know.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

try to do a clean install, as it is most likly software problem, go to dm and do a wipe and a clean install of all your things.

cldixon no está en línea Stack level 1

I just reviewed other posts and read to try a 30s battery pull. I did so and the zoom is working again.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    i usually use it, but part of my finger usually ends up rolling over it while trying to hold the phone, especially when the screen side is facing away from me...

so, i take it there is no software solution to disable the zoom?
    The only way i would think you could do so would be to mod the alx file. there has to be a cod that controls the zoom. I don't know what it would be though. Just remember messing with the alx file is at your own risk so save a complete copy first and be careful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast