im at T-moblile, but they never update..so can i use rogers? and wats different... BlackBerry Pearl forum

triniboy979 no está en línea Stack level 2

is it ok if i use another os?

Advertisement

im at T-moblile, but they never update..so can i use rogers? and wats different

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Re: is it ok if i use another os?

Usually when you use another carrier's OS, some of your functions may be missing. IE in the case of the Curve, sometimes browsers wouldnt show, other times, there were no issues at all. Make sure you have a copy of tmo's OS just in case you have to revert back to it.

o ok, i see, i have a pearl btw

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Using another OS not provided by your carrier voids your warranty supposedly.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

It's just fine to use another carriers OS. As long as the OS is for your specific device you're fine. Everything will be usable. Nothing should go wrong if installed properly.

Good Luck, if you need more assistance just ask.

oh ok thnkx, cuz tmobile nevers updates

w9ndb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by triniboy979
    im at T-moblile, but they never update..so can i use rogers? and wats different
    I'm fairly new to the modern BBs but it is my impression from reading forums that many people do this. I, personally, have not tried it yet but am likely going to move to the newest OS in the near future.

nb

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

I have a friend that changed his OS like most people change their underwear. He always takes his pearl in just before the warranty runs out and gets another one, and they've never said anything about the OS being changed. I'm not saying that it dosen't void the warranty, I've heard that too. I'm just saying I don't think it's the first thing they look for.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by synik103
    I have a friend that changed his OS like most people change their underwear. He always takes his pearl in just before the warranty runs out and gets another one, and they've never said anything about the OS being changed. I'm not saying that it dosen't void the warranty, I've heard that too. I'm just saying I don't think it's the first thing they look for.
    So why does he do this and how does one get away with this? Is his "new" phone the same model?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You can use any OS that you want to, regardless of the Carrier that issues it. As long as it is for your particular model phone, it won't have issues. There are a couple of extra steps you have to take when loading the OS from a different carrier, but they are not difficult.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by SDEEDY
    So why does he do this and how does one get away with this? Is his "new" phone the same model?
    he does it to have a new phone (same model: pearl for pearl) without scratches, dings, wear, etc. he has made getting something for nothing an ART.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

oh but can i ask what do the roger update have that the tmolibe doesnt?, cuz the numbers are higher
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    You can use any OS that you want to, regardless of the Carrier that issues it. As long as it is for your particular model phone, it won't have issues. There are a couple of extra steps you have to take when loading the OS from a different carrier, but they are not difficult.