Dear All I have my nice shiny new blackberry pearl and am happy with it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kevinkirk no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it legal in the car

Advertisement

Dear All
    I have my nice shiny new blackberry pearl and am happy with it except for the main problem. I cannot get the phone to auto answer when connected to my Bluetooth in-car hands free kit. The UK law as it is says that you are not allowed to hold your phone whilst driving but I must pick up the BB to press answer a call. I realize you can set the phone to auto answer when out of holster, but don’t want to go through this process every time I get in and out of the car.
    I am sure that this could be solved with a simple software upgrade so if there is anyone from BB going to suggest this upgrade?
    If any other users have found a work around for this problem I would be keen to hear it.
    Come on BB pull your finger out and fix this problem.
    Rant over
    Kevin

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Is it legal in the car

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have an option in my stereo that I can set to automatically pick up the call when the phone rings. Maybe there is a function in your stereo that you can set?

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

In Croatia is also forbidden to hold phone while driving. Allowed options are car insatllation with craddle or wireless link (BT i.e.).

My car radio (Pioneer P-75BT) supports auto mute and it's enough to press multifunction button to answer incoming calls. It even shows caller number and caller name (if transferred from phone to radio's phonebook).

So as StaceyRVC wrote, check your BT in-car kit manual.
    In my opinion, it shouldn't be phone auto-answering, but BT kit ordering Pearl to answer...
    Hope I make some sense...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

is this a bluetooth headset or an actual kit that you have installed in the car? if it's just the headset you should just be able to push the button on the headset itself and answer. if it's a unit that's attached to the car you'll probably just have to take the phone out and leave it out while in the car.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here in Germany. It's forbidden to use the phone while driving but you can use a car-kit or a BT-Headset.

But I dont think that there is an option for the automatic answering of a call that works with the car-kit or a BT-Headset. I have also to press the answering button of the car-kit or on the Headset.

HTH
    Peter