I have set the auto ON/OFF schedule for my BB with a one minute gap ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3

Is it Good to restart the BB regularly

Advertisement

I have set the auto ON/OFF schedule for my BB with a one minute gap between the OFF and ON cycles. The reason is to remove the buffer from the phone. I would want to know if this is OK and the right thing to do. This way I can atleast get away by manually resetting the phone every now and then right?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yeah, it doesn't hurt it. The BB is like a computer and computers need to be restarted on a regular basis to maintain peak performance. I do not restart mine on a daily basis but I do a battery pull at least once a week and also clear the event log to keep as much free memory as possible.

Doint a daily restart though won't hurt it though.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

BBEnriched no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well just as with the softreset app and the alt+shift+del on qwerty phones that method won't always clear up all the memory for you. Sometimes if you battery pull immediately after that you will still gain memory back. It is a good automatic way to do it, and no harm will come of it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I notice that the Auto ON/OFF is not working in OS BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.55 Release 81. Anybody noticed similar behavior. Kindly advise.

2ndHalfCor no está en línea Stack level 1
    My scheduled Auto On/Off is working fine with 4.5.055 Rel. 81.

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    I turn off my phone every night at 11:00. That's when I shut my day down. If you need me after that I'll get back at you at 6am. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndHalfCor View Post
    My scheduled Auto On/Off is working fine with 4.5.055 Rel. 81.
    Do you lock your phone, i mean is the phone locked when the schedule for Auto ON/OFF runs. My other question is what special settings have you set. I just enabled the Feature and set the time for 2.55AM as the OFF time and 2.56AM as the ON time. But it does not work i checked it when the clock ticked the time. I dont know where i am going wrong here............

Quote Originally Posted by saneen View Post
    Do you lock your phone, i mean is the phone locked when the schedule for Auto ON/OFF runs. My other question is what special settings have you set. I just enabled the Feature and set the time for 2.55AM as the OFF time and 2.56AM as the ON time. But it does not work i checked it when the clock ticked the time. I dont know where i am going wrong here............
    WOW i got it working...........the world looks better if you put each of it to test...........i tested my bb a bit............and realised that BB's Auto On/Off feature does not work if set for one Minute time difference.............but if works perfectly alright if two minutes is set(i dont know why then they give that feature) anyways it would not change the world for me when i set it to 2 mins.............so i have made peace with it ...............

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    I noticed one day after coming in to work fully charged, 12 hours later my battery was almost dead. Apparently I had left pacman on pause the whole time and it was running cycles in the background to keep up with the game. I have also had other app's get caught in a loop, and the way the blackberry allows you to just exit to the home screen leaving 50 things running at once, you would never know. Shorter battery life is a quick indicator if something is hogging up memory/cpu usage. So I probably do a soft reset every couple of days just to make sure I have really shut everything down. Sometimes Im surprised by all the junk still running.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Or, you can just hold ATL and hit the ESCAPE/BACK key to see what you have running in the background, the default 5 are Phone, BBMessanger, Browser, HomeScreen and Call Log

I check this often, but I also do a battery pull at least twice a week..as well as clear my event log and browser cache.

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Or, you can just hold ATL and hit the ESCAPE/BACK key to see what you have running in the background, the default 5 are Phone, BBMessanger, Browser, HomeScreen and Call Log

I check this often, but I also do a battery pull at least twice a week..as well as clear my event log and browser cache.
    Same here, a battery pull is not really neccesary for most people every day and if it is youve probably got really low memory and its time to delete some themes or something...

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea, I'm too lazy to click through each app, bring up their individual menu's, find the exit option, and shut them down. I just prefer to hit soft reset at the end of the day, put my phone back in my pocket or on the drawer and come back to it 5 minutes later when it's already rebooted.