I bought the handset from Ebay and I'm assuming I have the American version (but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rachy109 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there anyway I can train the voice recognition thing..?

Advertisement

I bought the handset from Ebay and I'm assuming I have the American version (but I'm actually not sure if there is an English version?) because the voice recognition just doesn't understand my voice at all... In fact, when I say 'call' and then state the mobile number (as opposed to just the name - because it's hopeless at recognising the name I'm saying) the options it gives me afterwards are just American phone numbers e.g. 444-556-etc... instead of the English standard area codes and numbers (e.g. 01327340332).

Is there any way I can get around this issue at all? Because it's a shame I can't use this feature..

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Is there anyway I can train the voice recognition thing..?

here's a shot.
    you might to go to phone, hit options then smart dial. enter country code is listed in there.
    it might help. try and post back
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

Re: Is there anyway I can train the voice recognition thing..?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You could also try changing your language in options and then change it back to the language you had before. The voice command will relearn your address book, and that might help you out.

-MP